1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Share it!! Hit that Like Button! Tweet It!!

2012-2013 Toyota Tundra and Sequoia Air Pump ECU Logic LSC D0E (codes P0418 or P2445)

Discussion in 'Warranty Extensions' started by OishiiJPN, Jul 10, 2014.

1. OishiiJPN

OishiiJPN Administrator

Subject
    : Limited Service Campaign (LSC) D0E
    Certain 2012 – 2013 Model Year Tundra and Sequoia Vehicles
    ECM Software Update

In our continuing efforts to ensure the best in customer satisfaction, Toyota is launching a Limited Service Campaign (LSC) on certain 2012 – 2013 MY Tundra and Sequoia vehicles. This LSC will cover approximately 19,000 Sequoia and 103,000 Tundra vehicles equipped with a 5.7 liter gasoline or 5.7 Liter-Flex Fuel engines.

Background: In the vehicles covered by this LSC, the Engine Control Module (ECM) calibration may cause an emissions control component called an Air Injection Pump to fail in certain environmental conditions. If this occurs, the vehicle could enter a “Fail-Safe” Mode (also known as “Limp-Home” Mode). This mode reduces the vehicle’s power and speed, which could inconvenience an owner and require immediate repair. The Check Engine Light may come on with codes P0418 and/or P2445 set in the ECU.

Limited Service Campaign (LSC) Remedy
    The ECM calibration has been updated to reduce the possibility of this condition occurring. Authorized Toyota dealer are requested to verify the vehicle’s ECM calibration and, if necessary, update the calibration software at NO CHARGE to the vehicle owner. If an Air Pump Assembly has failed, it will be replaced at NO CHARGE.

This LSC will be available until May 31, 2016, and will only be available at an authorized Toyota Dealer.

2. JellyDog

JellyDog New Member

Are there any updates about this LSC being changed to a SSC for this issue? I saw a Warranty Enchancement letter on this forum but cannot seem to find it again. My 2013 with (24K miles) Sequoia has this issue and is at the dealer n ow. They are telling me that I am looking at a bill of $1900.00-$4000.00 as my pumps and drivers are bad. I never received a letter for the initial LSC that expired in May of 2016. I cannot pass inspection with the CEL showing in NY.

3. Lewis

Lewis Moderator Staff Member

See my reply here...