2004 Toyota Camry with Code P0793 Intermediate Shaft Speed Sensor

Lewis

Staff member
If you have a 2004 Toyota Camry V6 (3MZ-FE) with code P0793 Intermediate Shaft Speed Sensor "A" Circuit No Signal, then you may want to replace the Speed Sensor itself. We have seen these as a pattern failure.

Toyota Input Transmission Speed Sensor (part # 89413-48010)

The sensor is locate on the top of the transmission just below the battery/air box housing...

i-WRvthz5-L.jpg

i-RQdRkbh-L.jpg

i-sp7T7vL-L.jpg

i-7zW5PPt-L.jpg

i-3p7jzXq-L.jpg

i-txBxtPC-L.jpg

D

DMYJEDI

After I Changed the sensor I started the engine and now I'm getting a whining sound from the transmission , any ideas??

J

Josh

Ive been having an issue with my transmission where the speedometer will tank to 0 and i basically cant drive until it resets. Id have to push upwards of 4000 rpm to go roughly 10-20mph while this was happening. Sometimes all i have to do is pull over turn car off for a couple minutes then get back to it until the next time it happens. I've had mechanics look at it and one sensor replaced by them. Today i took it upon myself to change both speed sensors on the top of the transmission, cleaning all connectors as well. Put everything back together had no check engine light and thought it was good. Got in for a test drive and made it a block before it tanked on me in a left turn. Got back home erased the error codes which were p0500 and p0793 and let it sit for 45 minutes. Started up with nothing wrong, made it to the same left turn and it tanked on me for 30 seconds before going back and then the check engine light appeared. Made it to work about 6 miles away with no further issues. Ran the code again and this time its just p0793. What else should i look at? All connections are good. Wiring seems good. I've been having this issue ever since i bought this damn car and im about ready to talk to the ftc and see if it fits their lemon law.

S

Sipak

I have the same problem with the Toyota camry2006 le V6 engine I change speed sensor and after my transmission was not shifting properly and light is come out and code po793 it's look there is 2 sensors I have to go to the Toyota dealership I believe to see what is going on it's make me sad my car not working how is to be I'm so sad

E

Engr Kenny

After I Changed the sensor I started the engine and now I'm getting a whining sound from the transmission , any ideas??
Check to see that the tip of the sensor you installed isn't longer than the one that you removed.
I have had same issue before.