2005-2010 Camry, Avalon, Highlander, Rav4, Sienna Oil Line Leak LSC 90K

OishiiJPN

Staff member

Subject: Limited Service Campaign (LSC) 90K
Enhanced Warranty Coverage for Oil Supply Hose in the 2GR-FE Engine on the following vehicles..

2005-2009 Avalon
2007-2010 Camry
2008 Highlander
2006-2009 Rav4
2007-2010 Sienna

In Toyota's continuing efforts to ensure the best in customer satisfaction, Toyota is launching a Limited Service Campaign (LSC) 90K to repair Oil Leak on the 2GR-FE 3.5L oil supply hose.

Background:
On certain vehicle equipped with a 2GR-FE (V6) engine,the rubber portion of the oil supply hosefor the VVT-i actuator may degrade over time. This condition may cause oil to leak from the VVT-i oil hose producing abnormal engine noise and the oil pressure light to illuminate.

Limited Service Campaign (LSC) Remedy
Authorized Toyota dealerships are requested to replace the VVT-i Oil Hose at NO CHARGE to the
vehicle’s owner.

This LSC extension will be available until December 31, 2021 and will only be available at an authorized Toyota Dealer.

Owners Notification letters will commence in mid September.

This is not a Recall, it is a warranty enhancement.

J

Jennifer Galer

My vvti hose completely suddenly failed and oil gushes out almost as fast as you can pour it in.
My Toyota Sienna can not be driven
I'm afraid it has severely damaged my engine.
Every dummy light came on, going down the freeway at night, by the time I pulled off road the battery and electrical power were blinking. The motor electric shut down before the engine blows. Is that right?
How will I know if my car is worth salvage?
I am a single mom going to school and on a seriously tight budget.
How much does the service cost? All the things that will need replacement? Filters, gaskets,seals. Oil.
What can I do myself?
Could someone tell me what is the best course of action?

OishiiJPN

Staff member
My vvti hose completely suddenly failed and oil gushes out almost as fast as you can pour it in.
My Toyota Sienna can not be driven
I'm afraid it has severely damaged my engine.
Every dummy light came on, going down the freeway at night, by the time I pulled off road the battery and electrical power were blinking. The motor electric shut down before the engine blows. Is that right?
How will I know if my car is worth salvage?
I am a single mom going to school and on a seriously tight budget.
How much does the service cost? All the things that will need replacement? Filters, gaskets,seals. Oil.
What can I do myself?
Could someone tell me what is the best course of action?
Jennifer, I am sorry to hear that this happened. The best course of action, if you want Toyota to contribute to the cost of the repair, is to contact your local Toyota Dealer and have them tow it in to inspect for what is needed. They may cover the cost or a portion of it but the first step is to have them inspect the cause and devise a remedy. I wish you the best with this.

S

Sam Thomas

I have a 2009 Highlander Limited does it have rubber and metal VVT-i oil line?

B

Bonnie

I think the 2009 will.
My 2010 highlander just had this happen today and oil going everywhere I was lucky to only go down the road.
Toyota aren’t sure if they will come to the party and replace.