OishiiJPN

Staff member

Headlights with Lens Distortion/Bubbling

foto_no_exif-M.jpg
foto_no_exif%20%282%29-M.jpg

New Redesigned Headlight
foto_no_exif%20%281%29-M.jpg

Subject: Toyota Tacoma Warranty Enhancement Program- ZTZ
Certain 2005 – 2011 Model Year Tacoma Headlight Assembly Inner Lens Distortion/Bubbling

In these vehicles, Toyota has received some reports where the inner Daytime Running Light/Turn Signal Lens becomes distorted and bubbled in appearance, in addition the inner lens may appear cracked or separated.

Although the Headlamp assembly is covered by Toyota's New Vehicle Limited Warranty for 3 years or 36,000 miles (whichever occurs first), Toyota cares about the customers Ownership experience. Toyota is now extending the warranty coverage for the Headlamp assembly for the condition described in the covered vehicles. Please see the warranty enhancement program for details and additional information.

Owner notification: The owner notification will commence in early July 2014 and letters will be mailed over several months.

The Primary Coverage offers warranty enhancement until November 30,2015. Regardless of mileage.

After the primary coverage, the Secondary Coverage is applicable for 5 years from the date of first use or 70,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

There are approximately 237,000 vehicles by this warranty enhancement program. Please refer to the Warranty Policy Bulletin (POL 14-03) for identification of vehicles covered by this program.

J

John Pickell

i have a 2008 Toyota Tacoma with the DRL issue. Both sides have the same issue. Had my oil changed recently and the mechanic told me about the danger that DRL issue has. Researched online and discovered many other Tacoma owners have or has had the same issue. Also discovered that sometime in 2014 Toyota issued a Warrenty Enhancement Letter ZTZ addressing this issue.

In 2014 I moved from Georgia to Florida and never received the above mentioned Warrenty Letter. I purchased the vehicle new in September 2008 and currently have less than 56,000 miles.

I called Toyota today and they informed me that the enhancement has expired. Since this is a safety issue Toyota should stand by their products. The rep that I spoke with said that there is no one else I could speak with. Very disappointed since from the reports that I have read this is a potential fire hazard and obviously a defect with the headlight design

T

TDBSebring

Very disappointed with Toyota Tacoma is not even an average truck with the way they treat customers
The terrible paint job has no long term life no matter how many times you wax itt
Now the lenses burning just another reason to buy USA

R

RatRod

Yep! 2009, Toyota Tocoma- burnt / melted running lights. This is an obvious factory defect, and should have been a safety recall “minimum”, all I got was the run around from my dealer and Toyota. If Toyota will not stand behind their product - then they can have it back. Of course some other fool will end up with it...

S

Scott M

I agree, my Tacoma has the same issue and I get the same response negative response from Toyota. I love their product but their customer service / support sucks.

M

Michael Farmer

I have the same issue with the daytime running lights on my 2010 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner with cracks. I purchased my truck new from Arglington Toyota in Jacksonsville Florida and have had all the recalls performed by this same dealer who also have do regular maintenance on my truck. What I want to know if I have to spend about 1K dollars to replace this defective headlight assembly how do I know I will not be getting the same defective headlight assembly they may have just sitting on their shelf is there a way to tell the corrected one from the old ones?

S

snappaslappa

I have the same issue with the daytime running lights on my 2010 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner with cracks. I purchased my truck new from Arglington Toyota in Jacksonsville Florida and have had all the recalls performed by this same dealer who also have do regular maintenance on my truck. What I want to know if I have to spend about 1K dollars to replace this defective headlight assembly how do I know I will not be getting the same defective headlight assembly they may have just sitting on their shelf is there a way to tell the corrected one from the old ones?
Funny because they replaced mine 2.5 years after i bought it new(with a lot of push back I should say) But get this, they replaced them with the faulty ones that melted yet again a few years later. Now I am stuck with melted running lights again.

J

JH Christiansen

Gosh I have been so pleased with Tacoma. I am on my 3rd. First one traded at 300000. Left leg gave out from shifting. Second one traded at 500000 and now my third one is at 289000 and going strong. I replaced the headlight assembly on my 2011 some time ago but I am having the same problem with the after market assemblies. Burning lens. This time the backside of the assembly has melted around the bulb. Possible fire hazard but I keep an eye on it. Not much to do about it but pray it does not fire up.