OishiiJPN

Staff member
81712_02.jpg

In Toyota's continuing efforts to assure the best in customer satisfaction, Toyota is announcing a
Customer Support Program (CSP) labeled ZTQ to extend the warranty coverage on the Air Injection Pumps and Air
Switching Valves of 2007 to 2010 model year (MY) Tundra and 2008 to 2010 model year (MY)Sequoia
vehicles.

Toyota Dealer Notification Letter

Toyota Warranty Policy Letter

T-SB-0160-11 Revision 2

Toyota has received reports of customer concerns regarding the illumination of the check engine light
(Malfunction Indicator Light) due to moisture/water in the Air Injection Pumps and/or Air Switching Valves in
the engines of a number of these vehicles. To assist dealer in the diagnosis and repair of these vehicles a
TSB has been released.

Some of the vehicles covered by this TSB may be outside of the Toyota New Vehicle Limited Powertrain
Warranty due to age and/or mileage. To assure customers that we stand behind our product, we are offering
a warranty extension on the Air Injection Pumps and Air Switching Valves on 2007 to 2010 Tundra and 2008
to 2010 Sequoia vehicles.

The following vital information is provided to inform you and your staff of the program notification schedule
and your degree of involvement.

1. Owner Notification Letter Mailing Date

The owner notification will commence in late October, 2011.

2. CSP Coverage Details

The Air Injection Pumps and Air Switching Valves are covered by Toyota’s New Vehicle Limited
Powertrain Warranty for 5 years or 60,000 miles (whichever comes first) and by the California
Emission Warranty* for 7 years or 70,000 miles (whichever comes first).

The Warranty Coverage Extension (CSP) for the Air Injection Pumps and Air Switching Valves for
the condition described above will extend the warranty coverage to 10 years from the date of first
use or 150,000 miles, whichever comes first.
If the condition is verified, the dealer will replace the
Air Injection Pumps and Air Switching Valves under the terms of this CSP.

Please note that damage incurred from abuse, a crash, vandalism or other similar events is not
covered by the New Vehicle Limited Warranty or this Warranty Extension.

*The California Emission Warranty coverage only applies to certain states and certain model
year/engine type Tundra and Sequoia vehicles. Please refer to your vehicle’s Toyota Owner’s
Warranty Information Booklet for details and applicability.

What if you have previously paid for repairs or replacement of your vehicle’s Air Injection Pumps and/or Air
Switching Valves?

If you have previously paid for the repair or replacement of the Air Injection Pumps and/or Air Switching Valves
to address the condition described above, please mail a copy of your repair order, proof-of-payment, and proofof-ownership to the following address for reimbursement consideration:

Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
Toyota Customer Experience, WC 10
19001 South Western Avenue
Torrance, CA 90509
Include your name, address, and telephone number(s) in your request. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks to process your request.

ZTQ22-M.jpg

ZTQ4-M.jpg

ZTQ3-M.jpg

ZTQ2-M.jpg

S

Steve Bowen

So mine is only 126,000 miles and 2 months out of this extended program. My Sequioa just experienced this issue and I call Toyota customer service, and they told me they will not cover it now. 2 months out of the coverage. No letters to me letting me know there is an issue, just wait for it to happen and then hope it happens outside of the their coverage window. Subpar product for the price and customer support.

D

Donald Moore

I hope they help me out did not budget for this repair when I bought the truck.

D

Debbie Morgan

My 2010 tundra had the same issue no help from toyota. I feel that since they knew of this issue it should have been covered even outside of any warranty. It's clear that it is a defect

B

Ben Schendel

Does anybody know if this part has been fixed or will it just fail again?

T

Tom C

My 2010 tundra had the same issue no help from toyota. I feel that since they knew of this issue it should have been covered even outside of any warranty. It's clear that it is a defect
I have a 2007 with 84,000 miles. It developed this problem and left me in limp mode. I paid for the repair and petitioned Toyota to pay for it or at least for the parts since they knew they were defective. So far they say my vehicle is older than 10 years and refuse to pay anything. Hope someone has a strategy to get this reimbursed