2011 Toyota Rav4 Paint Problems (Blizzard Pearl)

Lewis

Staff member

Also on Corollas...

This is not just on Blizzard Pearl colored Toyota's but also other colors as well....

T

TheRealKendo

I recently had the exact same thing happen to my car. I just stumbled on a facebook group of over 300 people with the same issues as you and I. the group is called
Toyota/Lexus/Scion Blizzard Paint Peels And They Won't Fix It
The main goal of the group is to file enough complaints with Toyota, that they are forced to face the paint issues head on. There are so many of us with this issues I have high hopes that something will be done. I hope this helps. -Paul

P

Pam

I wrote a Letter to Toyota as well and put in a claim. They replied that my car was out of warranty! I drive a 2011 Rav 4 Limited blizzard pearl with only 52,000 miles. I have had the roof painted already ($800) and each time it is washed I have another peel on the car! This is a defect from Toyota and should be treated as such. I have driven Toyota’s for over 30 years! Very frustrating as this car should last me another ten years!

F

Frank Dellapina

My wife Rav4 is peeling in huge pieces from the roof. I thought toyota was better than this. I have worked on cars for decades and this is one of the worse cases of paint screw ups from the factory but it looks like they dont care. When we get this fixed, it will be sold and Honda is the way to go. Toyota has been making big dollars from their sales but when it comes to giving some of that back....well then its screw you buddy.

S

StacyJ

I have a 2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited Edition with the pearl paint. I've had the gas door re-painted and had the roof quoted. $300 for the small gas door. the quote for the roof was upward of $3000.