2012-2014 Toyota Prius C ABS Brake Warning Light On with codes C1391, C1252, C1256 and/or C1253 T-SB-0028-21

OishiiJPN

Staff member
*** This condition has an warranty extension for a free repair. Please see Customer Support Program 21TE01 here...

Please see T-SB-0028-21

Applicability:
2012-2014 Toyota Prius C

Introduction:
Some 2012 – 2014 model year Prius C hybrid vehicles may exhibit a condition in which the brake, ABS, and/or TRAC warning lights are on and/or a Check VSC message displays. Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) C1391, C1252, C1256, and/or C1253 may also be stored. This condition may be caused by a small internal brake fluid leak inside the brake booster assembly with master cylinder. Follow the Repair Procedure in this bulletin to address this condition.

APPLICABLE WARRANTY: Please see the CSP 21TE01 above for the warranty extension
This repair is covered under the Toyota Basic Warranty. This warranty is in effect for 36 months or 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the vehicle’s in-service date.
Warranty application is limited to occurrence of the specified condition described in this bulletin.

Repair Procedure:
1. Confirm the condition exists. Are the brake, ABS, and/or TRAC warning lights on and/or does a Check VSC message display?
YES — Continue to step 2.
NO — This bulletin does NOT apply. Continue diagnosis using the applicable Repair Manual.

2. Using Techstream, check for and record ANY stored DTCs. Are ANY of the following DTCs stored: C1391, C1252, C1256, or C1253?
YES — Continue to step 3.
NO — This bulletin does NOT apply. Continue diagnosis using the applicable Repair Manual.

3. Remove the brake booster assembly with master cylinder.

4. Remove the brake booster pump assembly

5. Install the NEW brake booster assembly with master cylinder.

6. Install the NEW brake booster pump assembly

7. Using Techstream, clear ANY stored DTCs and test-drive the vehicle to confirm the condition is no longer present

S

Sally

Can I have this fixed on my salvage title 2012 Prius c I have error codes C1256 and lights on !!!!

MG

Can I have this fixed on my salvage title 2012 Prius c I have error codes C1256 and lights on !!!!
According to the link above, it states...

Salvage Title Vehicles:
There is no New Vehicle Limited Warranty coverage or non-emission CSP coverage for vehicles that have been branded as salvage, total loss, true mileage unknown, or similar title under any state’s law. Nonetheless, every attempt should be made to complete an open emission related CSP when circumstances permit, unless noted otherwise in the CSP dealer letter.

• This CSP IS NOT emission related; therefore, vehicles branded as salvage, total loss, true mileage unknown, or similar title are NOT ELIGIBLE for coverage under this CSP.