2013-2015 Rav4 Grinding Noise from Rear Brakes

MG

Some 2013-2015 Rav4 vehicles may exhibit a grinding noise condition which is heard coming from the rear wheels while driving the vehicle at low speed and applying the brakes. This is due to corrosion build-up from overnight soak on the rear rotors causing a grinding noise during braking which is transmitted througought the vehicle. To reduce the grinding noise, follow the repair procedure is TSB 0037-15.

Toyota Rav4 Owners Discussion on www.rav4world.com

J

John Iannarelli

Some 2013-2015 Rav4 vehicles may exhibit a grinding noise condition which is heard coming from the rear wheels while driving the vehicle at low speed and applying the brakes. This is due to corrosion build-up from overnight soak on the rear rotors causing a grinding noise during braking which is transmitted througought the vehicle. To reduce the grinding noise, follow the repair procedure is TSB 0037-15.

Toyota Rav4 Owners Discussion on www.rav4world.com

J

John Iannarelli

I have four vehicles and never had that problem unless they had been parked for many days! My Rav4 is garaged every night! Toyota better find a better excuse or replace the recommended parts for free!

G

I hear the noise at any speed except when applying the brakes. The offered explanation here cannot be correct.