2014-2015 Toyota Camry and Corolla Radio Touch Screen not working

M

Mamadu

I am having the exact same issue on my 2014 Toyota Camry! The lower portion of the touch screen to add or remove Bluetooth device is not working. So I am not able to pair my new Phone after the old one died.

H

HMC

My 2014.5 Camry has never allowed me to adjust the bass in my audio, which I find excessive. I thought I was simply not working with it, and now I find that many owners are having this problem. I used to be able to add new users to my system, but now that does not work, either. With so many users having this problem I agree that Toyota, if they already knew this was an issue, should do good faith repairs.

A

Alan J

If only the bottom left is broken, you can remove all phones from the list, then hit the phone button on the side of the screen, which will give you a way to connect one phone by clicking a button higher on the screen by an inch or so.

Still sucks, but at least we got one phone connected. Hope that remove button keeps working for us!

L

Larry Berg

Recalls are only for safety related items, which the radio is not considered a safety item. Now, if enough Toyota owners have this issue and make their voice heard, Toyota may issue a warranty extension for this concern.
Hands free phone operation is a safety issue, it is state mandated in most states and is, therefore, an issue that must have a recall without warranty involved. If the buttons don't work properly, the phone can't be paired.

M

Maggie C

My 2015 Camry started doing the same a couple of months ago. Of course it’s out of warranty. The dealership said it would cost 2700 to 3500 to replace the touchscreen.

E

Elaine

Mine is doing the same thing and I bought mine preloved. They said a new update would fix it or else’s I would have to get a new radio.. I’m honestly looking to just sell my car, I think it’s sneaky to not recall the radio when it’s a problem on them.

J

Jessica

Some 2014-2015 Toyota Camry, Camry Hybrid and Corolla vehicles may exhibit a partially inoperative radio touch screen (usually the lower right hand side) on vehicle with the base audio option. Updated head units (radio) are available through your Toyota Dealer. Please see Technical Service Bulletin 0172-16

This repair is covered under the Toyota basic warranty which is in effect for 36 months or 36,000 miles.

Literally loved Toyota till this happened and have seen you are no different from other companies that don’t back their products. So I won’t purchase another Toyota product ever again.

K

Kim Prodoti

I have exactly the same problem as everyone else.
i love my car and this is literally the first problem I have ever had.
I bought the car used forom a dealership trading in my 2013.
What should I do .

K

Kim Prodoti

I have exactly the same problem as everyone else.
i love my car and this is literally the first problem I have ever had.
I bought the car used forom a dealership trading in my 2013.
What should I do .
I found an answer!!
Take a credit card and put it down between the radio screen and the plastic outside. The add button became available,I would love to take credit but I found it on you tube.
It may work on all the buttons
GOOD LUCK!!

K

Kim Prodoti

I found an answer!!
Take a credit card and put it down between the radio screen and the plastic outside. The add button became available,I would love to take credit but I found it on you tube.
It may work on all the buttons
GOOD LUCK!!
I Forgot to add that it was explained that the screen"slips" down.
I would love to hear from anyone who got results@kpro1955@gmail.com

K

Kim Prodoti

Update: The service consultant called me back an hr later saying that his foreman got Toyota to approve the radio. They will cover the radio ($800.00) + labor. He said,"my foreman spent 1hr trying to convince Toyota, please put a good yelp review for me"......oh please.
Try slipping a credit card between the screen and the plastic outside. Slipping it where you can't get it to work such as add etc. It worked for me . apparently the screen slips down (I'm told) in any case. I hope this works for you. I am ecstatic to have my phone paired again...!!!

W

Wanda Dunklin

Same thing happened to my daughter's 2015 Corolla, which of course is out of warranty. She was able to do the credit card trick and it worked. I promptly contacted Toyota and the Customer Service Representative (Caleb) told me that he had no record of any complaints like this. I explained to him that there were many videos and complaints online about this problem. I am highly upset with Toyota right now for not standing behind their product.

G

Gerald Phillips

Add me to the list... 2014 Camry SE, lower part of touch pad suddenly quit working.
Add me to the list. Just got a new phone and couldn’t get it to work. Took it to Toyota Dealer and he couldn’t connect it for the same reason.

M

Morgan K

Same issue on my 2016 RAV-4. This is definitely a known issue among Toyota owners. Is Toyota standing by their product and going to maintain their reputation by replacing their faulty technology?

K

Kaustav

Has anyone been able to get a resolution on this from Toyota? I cant believe they are not fixing this problem that has affected so many people.

S

Silverlining

You can replace the glass screen ( called a digitizer) for $110 to address unresponsive buttons. Check eBay.