2014-2015 Toyota Camry and Corolla Radio Touch Screen not working

A

Ahsan

I have a 2015 Camry and had the same issue which I noticed just after my warranty expired. Toyota should recall or fix it as its an busted equipment case and not usage related

J

JohnDM

Press the corner of a credit card underneath the plastic that surrounds the screen. The calibration has moved to a portion of the screen that is below that plastic housing. You can get the button to work. The touchscreen control has dropped down. it's no longer in synch with the video display. This hack works, but Toyota still should fix this.
Thank you! This worked for me.

W

Wanda

2014 Camry sometimes when I turn car on screen is black but Blue tooth works so able to play music from phone. When I make call's and while talking it just starts dialing numbers. I spoke with someone at Toyota they told me radio needs replacing that it would be $1000.00. Really? If this is problem with these radio's why should people have to pay this price for something that seems to be issue.

E

Eric C

had been a loyal Toyota customer for years. After this problem with dash display lower left dead zone- a major safety issue. No recall no help. Means no loyalty. Loving my two new Subarus and their 10 year warranty and great service. Toyota in my rear view mirror.

O

ohtrap

I am facing the same issues for 2015 Camry XLE , It's a safety issue and a company like Toyota will not recall and repair it. I was a loyal toyota customer in my 6th Toyota car but not any more .. bought a Honda .. it's a loss for Toyota .. they just lost a loyal 2nd generation customer, also since my son who has seen me going through this issue and Toyota's response and me struggling with the issue .. he has also decided he will never buy a Toyota car.

O

ohtrap

The issue is not a calibration, computer or refresh issue. The "digitizer" (touch screen) has become defective and will require replacement. Basically it is the flat piece of glass that sits right in front of the display screen. I replaced mine in January 2020 and it cost me about $25 for the part. Since then it looks like the price of the screens has actually come down. You need a 6.1 inch 12 pin version with the cable on the long side. There are a ton of them on eBay. There are also youtube tutorials on how to remove the radio from the car and how to take the radio apart and replace the screen. You might want to read this thread from the beginning. If you are not comfortable taking the radio apart if you can get the radio out of the car you might get a place that replaces touch screens on tablets and cell phones to do this for you provided you get the part yourself and maybe point them to a online video. I did mine in about 3 hours start to finish. Anybody should be able to remove the radio from the car.
is that digitizer glass still working ? i am trying to fix same issue and trying to find a quality dizitizer

S

Sarah m

So a combo of 2 things worked for me. The card truck worked for about 2 years and then it quite so I used a butter knife in the bottom part pushing up as I used a card meshing down and something caused it to work.

R

Reanna mcdaniel

My radio is stuck in reboot mode. My guess is it went to update and glitched. So now it won’t turn off or progress past a loading screen. When the loading bar gets almost full it reboots and flashes a horrible bright white screen which stays on a for a min then goes back to the reboot mode. I hit a ditch the other day because the screen was so bright and it was night time.

C

Carol

My 2015 has the same issue. With all phones in Iowa need to be hands free. This needs to be recalled and fixed. Cannot get my phone paired to my car

S

Stevie

I am having this issue. It seemed to be progressive as others have mentioned - it started with the touch response being shifted by about 1/4 inch and then it progressed to it randomly behaving as though it was being touched (GPS map moving all around) and then finally it completely stopped working, preventing me from selecting any device or pairing anything or shifting the input. I filed a NHTSA complaint today since it prevents handsfree operation and is a pervasive problem.

G

I’m having this problem with my 2015 Prius c. I tried jamming my fingernail, a key, credit card, toothpick & butter knife down in the lower left corner but nothing is working. I’m so annoyed I can’t pair my new phone!! I know I told the dealership about it when U brought it n for service while still under warranty and they just blew me off like they didn’t know what I was talking about. This is so unfair and no I don’t want to have to take my whole radio out to replace the screen. I am not mechanically inclined and I have no idea how to do that.

V

Vickie

I am having this issue. It seemed to be progressive as others have mentioned - it started with the touch response being shifted by about 1/4 inch and then it progressed to it randomly behaving as though it was being touched (GPS map moving all around) and then finally it completely stopped working, preventing me from selecting any device or pairing anything or shifting the input. I filed a NHTSA complaint today since it prevents handsfree operation and is a pervasive problem.
How strange that this same progression has occurred to my 2015 Camry. After a couple of years of using various items to activate the lower row, the entire screen now doesn't work at all and just displays the Toyota logo. And even more strangely is it happened March 2023 also.

C

Christine M

I would second that. If anyone has the know how, I'm pretty sure you'll have a lot of backers pretty quickly
I’m in, I have a 2015 Camry , out of warranty of course, purchased brand new & I’ve had stereo problems for about 6 months now. Recently, my car will call phone numbers stored as a favorite over & over. Called my daughter 11 times on my way to work yesterday

T

Tiffany

2015 Toyota Corolla--amond many other issues...yes....the bottom half of my touch screen does not work either :( This car is a p.o.s.! caused me nothing but problems since day one! i feel completely ripped off!

A

Aubrey

I found an answer!!
Take a credit card and put it down between the radio screen and the plastic outside. The add button became available,I would love to take credit but I found it on you tube.
It may work on all the buttons
GOOD LUCK!!
THANK YOU!!

E

Evelyn

Try slipping a credit card between the screen and the plastic outside. Slipping it where you can't get it to work such as add etc. It worked for me . apparently the screen slips down (I'm told) in any case. I hope this works for you. I am ecstatic to have my phone paired again...!!!
Credit card between bottom of screen and plastic worked thank you much