2016-2017 Toyota Land Cruiser Harsh Shift Transmission

Lewis

Staff member
Some 2016 – 2017 model year Land Cruiser vehicles may exhibit one or all of the
following conditions:

Harsh shift on hard acceleration.

The vehicle has run out of fuel. After refueling, the vehicle does not creep, or has a
delayed/harsh transmission engagement.

Shift shock 1st to 2nd gear when the water temperature is below 140° F.

The Engine Control Module (ECM, SAE term: Powertrain Control Module/PCM) has been
revised. Use the following TSB 0209-17 Revision 2 to address this condition.

This repair is covered under the Toyota Basic Warranty. This warranty is in effect for 36 months or 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the vehicle’s in-service date.

Warranty application is limited to occurrence of the specified condition described in this bulletin.

For California specification vehicles sold, registered, and operated in California, Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington, this repair is covered under the California Emission Warranty, which is in effect for 84 months or 70,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the vehicle’s in-service date.

Bajaknot

Hi. New member here. I just bought a new 2017 Land Cruiser that has 500 miles on it. From mile 4 it has been very clunky with shifting similar to how you describe shift shock. I'm going to take it in but was wondering if there is any documentation I can reference to prove my point. The clunky shifting only happens when the engine is cold. Thanks in advance.

A

Arod

The afore given hyperlink To TSB 0290-17 is no longer relevant. Is there an updated link? ATR

N

Noodles

I bought my 2017 off-lease and took it in for this reason today, they applied the computer update under warranty, now tranny is smooth as butter.