2018 Toyota Camry Trunk lid opens fast

MG

Has anyone else had a problem with the 2018 Camry trunk lid opening really fast when the shock dampener fails?

M

MI FEN

Same issue here. Broke my rear window....Toyota Corp told me to eat shit...

MG

Same issue here. Broke my rear window....Toyota Corp told me to eat shit...
Please save all pictures and repair receipts as proof. Also submit a complaint with NHTSA for a safety defect. If more Camry owners do this, they may be forced to offer a warranty extension or even a recall.

D

D13

I just bought the Camry and I have the same problem. They used car dealership said they would fix it and have refused to since I purchased the car. I guess I am just going to have to buy a new part and put it on myself. As quickly as it pops up I definitely do not want to pay for a new rear window.

S

Sidney

Had the same problem with my 2019 camry hybrid se. The trunk just flew open, bounced back and hit my head. Lol.
After looking through some forums and YouTube videos, I have decided to replace the trunk lid support, part number 64530-06010. Got it at my local Toyota dealership for $38 tax in.
Super straightforward removal and installation, and now the problem is fixed. The trunk is opening normally now.

B

Brandy

I have a 2019 se with 17,000 miles on it..bout it brand new and my trunk just started doing this !!!!!!!