MG

If you run across a 2019 Toyota (in this case a Camry but also Rav 4) that the radio starts rebooting over and over. Make sure that the radio software is up to date, disconnect the battery for half hour and then if that fails, put the key in, set the parking brake, engine off and put it in reverse for 5 minutes. That should fix it. DensoTen rep I spoke with, it’s the navigation unit that has the radio stuck in a loop. Reverse interrupts the comms with nav long enough for it to reset.

T

TonyG

How do you put it in reverse after turning the engine off unless its stick shift?

B

Billy

How do you put it in reverse after turning the engine off unless its stick shift?
There’s a little thing pop out above the shifter in front of park you stick your key not the key fob but the key in there push it down then you can put it in reverse

2020 RAV4

putting it in reverse (engine off) worked for me! Thank you! The tip how to put it reverse worked, too.

R

Rlk

If you run across a Toyota (in this case a Camry but also Rav 4) that the radio starts rebooting over and over. Make sure that the radio software is up to date, disconnect the battery for half hour and then if that fails, put the key in, set the parking brake, engine off and put it in reverse for 5 minutes. That should fix it. DensoTen rep I spoke with, it’s the navigation unit that has the radio stuck in a loop. Reverse interrupts the comms with nav long enough for it to reset.
How do you make sure the radio software is up to date?

D

DrOriol

I've had thois problem for quite a long time. This hint doesn't work for me. Constantly in starting....toyota logo animation....and after a few mins reboots again. Any fixes available?? Car dealer doesn't have a clue...

K

Kumar

If you run across a 2019 Toyota (in this case a Camry but also Rav 4) that the radio starts rebooting over and over. Make sure that the radio software is up to date, disconnect the battery for half hour and then if that fails, put the key in, set the parking brake, engine off and put it in reverse for 5 minutes. That should fix it. DensoTen rep I spoke with, it’s the navigation unit that has the radio stuck in a loop. Reverse interrupts the comms with nav long enough for it to reset.
I am having this issue with my 2017 RAV4 and if anybody has figured it out, please post

K

Kumar

Can you clarify: When you put it in "reverse", do you have to power the radio with engine-off. I tried and the car keeping beeping as a warning, which I ignored. However, it did not help.

M

Morgan

Thank you for posting this! I got my fuel pump replaced for my rav4 due to the recall and when they disconnected my battery it caused my radio screen to turn on and off over and over again. They had no idea what to do. I got home and fixed it myself.

J

Jasonjeray

My god thank you a whole day wasted trying to figure this out. You are a great person. Thank you thank you thank you

C

Carlos

Do you turn on the car with like the lights and ac running or everything off and the key just in the first position to turn.

I

Isabel

YOU ARE THE BEST! This totally fixed my problem after Toyota said they needed to replace my radio. Thank you!!!

J

jsch

i had the car totally off and just did this and it didn’t work. 2015 Rav 4 Ltd. any other suggestions?

B

Bri

How do i put it in reverse with engine off? RAV4 2019, please help
There’s a little thing pop out above the shifter in front of park you stick your key not the key fob but the key in there push it down then you can put it in reverse

L

leo

my car has same thing,could you take a picture about this " little thing pop out above the shifter",why i do not find anything above the shifter?

A

Adam15

I've got a 2023 Rav4 hybrid that was having the same problem but the reverse trick didn't work for me. What did work though was (with the car off) pulling the radio fuse, turning the car on for 15ish minutes (I put mine in EV mode so the engine didn't run), turned it back off, replaced the fuse, and everything started up normally (without the reboot loop). The fuse is way under the driver side dash on the left, under a small panel that's clearly marked. It's a 15amp fuse marked RADIO in the diagram on the cover. There's a fuse Puller under the fuse box cover in the engine compartment on the driver side.

Hope this helps someone. I couldn't find much when searching for the problem in the latest gen of rav4s.

D

D_niebs

I've got a 2023 Rav4 hybrid that was having the same problem but the reverse trick didn't work for me. What did work though was (with the car off) pulling the radio fuse, turning the car on for 15ish minutes (I put mine in EV mode so the engine didn't run), turned it back off, replaced the fuse, and everything started up normally (without the reboot loop). The fuse is way under the driver side dash on the left, under a small panel that's clearly marked. It's a 15amp fuse marked RADIO in the diagram on the cover. There's a fuse Puller under the fuse box cover in the engine compartment on the driver side.

Hope this helps someone. I couldn't find much when searching for the problem in the latest gen of rav4s.
This worked great on my 2019 rav4 hybrid! Thanks!

C

Carl

putting it in reverse (engine off) worked for me! Thank you! The tip how to put it reverse worked, too.
I second that - unbelievably this worked!!! The unit was very wonky and unresponsive during the first 5 minutes but after that it regained its senses and is back to normal. I wonder if the dealers know about this or just charge you thousands to put a new unit in?