2019 Toyota Rav4 Farting or Honking Noise when driving?

MG

Have any of you new 2019 Toyota Rav4 Owners experienced a Honking or Farting type noise when driving? Possibly just on the Adventure model... There are reports for quite a few of these with one TechTip (See Below) already released by Toyota with a TSB possibly on the way. Below is a video of the noise--check around the 3:15 and 3:48 time mark. Thanks

MG

Tech Tip T-TT-0539-19

This Tech Tip applies to 2019 model year RAV4 Adventure/Limited grade equipped with torque vectoring AWD system ONLY.

Some customers may experience a buzz/groan at 20-30 mph when accelerating from a stop and/or at 13-20 mph on deceleration after driving the vehicle for 15-20 minutes or more.

This condition occurs with “Normal” drive mode selected.

Note: to duplicate noise, it may be required to drive vehicle for 15-20 minutes with “Sport” drive mode selected. After warm-up, vehicle must be in Normal mode to duplicate if related to transfer case.

T

Tim Z

I am seeing the same issue. Also, a noise from the back on my 2019 Adventure. It sounds like it engages the rear axle when coming to a stop so it causes a thumping noise. I know it is designed to be in AWD mode at start off. So, it seems it is re-engaging the rear axle when slowing but shouldn't until it is a full stop. I took it in our my 5,000 check up and the maintenace folks can recreate it. They believe it is a software issue. They have had it a day and a half right now. I hope it is just software.