MG

Please see T-SB-0078-21 Revision 1

Applicability:
2020-2022 Toyota Corolla, Corolla Hatchback
2020-2022 Toyota RAV4

REVISION NOTICE:
December 13, 2021 Rev
Applicability has been updated to include 2022 model year Corolla, Corolla Hatchback, and RAV4 vehicles. Any previous printed versions of this bulletin should be discarded.

Introduction:
Some 2020 – 2022 model year Corolla, Corolla Hatchback, and RAV4 vehicles may exhibit a Parking Brake Malfunction warning message on the Multi-information Display (MID) with Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) C059746 (Brake System Control Module "A" Calibration / Parameter Memory Failure) present. Follow the Repair Procedure in this service bulletin to address this condition.

1656267962117.png

Warranty Information:
Repair is to Reprogram Skid Control Computer

APPLICABLE WARRANTY:
This repair is covered under the Toyota Basic Warranty. This warranty is in effect for 36 months or 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the vehicle’s in-service date. Warranty application is limited to occurrence of the specified condition described in this bulletin.

NOTE:
The Skid Control Computer should NOT be replaced as part of the Repair Procedure

1656268007484.png

Repair Procedure:
1. Confirm the condition exists. Does the vehicle exhibit a Parking Brake Malfunction warning message on the MID with DTC C059746 present?
YES — Continue to step 2.
NO — This bulletin does NOT apply. Continue diagnosis using the applicable Repair Manual.

2. Use Techstream to confirm if the skid control computer calibration has been updated and check for the Authorized Modifications Label affixed to the vehicle in the location shown below. Is the calibration ID listed in Techstream and on the label the latest skid control computer calibration?
YES — This bulletin does NOT apply. Continue diagnosis using the applicable Repair Manual.
NO — Continue to step 3.

3. Flash reprogram the skid control computer.

Follow the procedures outlined in T-SB-0134-16, Techstream ECU Flash Reprogramming Procedure, and flash the skid control computer with the NEW calibration file update.

4. Prepare and install the Authorized Modifications Label.

5. Test-drive the vehicle to confirm proper operation

T

Tracy

So basically i have had my toyota not even a year and this issues come up and it a known toyota issue and you telling me I have to pay to diagnosis it & to reset it. This is not fiar it is not my fault. All because it went past that 36,000 miles my car has like 37000 miles this is not fair especially whe it a known toyota issue i learned it can happen several times. So now i have to be out of 165 dollars to run the diagnostic for them to say yeah it he code and for me to have to pay to get it reprogrammed. This car was suspose to be new but already had miles on it. what is with that. i called toyota they said no it is covered it a national known issues with 2020 -2022 models. Then i got to get it fixed they said no it not covered i have to pay so they saying i have to use my exstended warrenty. i call them they said no this is a nation bullet and issue. Toyota is supsose to cover it 100 percent . so they wont. now i am in a bind.

T

Tracy

So basically i have had my toyota not even a year and this issues come up and it a known toyota issue and you telling me I have to pay to diagnosis it & to reset it. This is not fiar it is not my fault. All because it went past that 36,000 miles my car has like 37000 miles this is not fair especially whe it a known toyota issue i learned it can happen several times. So now i have to be out of 165 dollars to run the diagnostic for them to say yeah it he code and for me to have to pay to get it reprogrammed. This car was suspose to be new but already had miles on it. what is with that. i called toyota they said no it is covered it a national known issues with 2020 -2022 models. Then i got to get it fixed they said no it not covered i have to pay so they saying i have to use my exstended warrenty. i call them they said no this is a nation bullet and issue. Toyota is supsose to cover it 100 percent . so they wont. now i am in a bind.
now i am without a car since i cant afford to get it reprogrammed and i had to use my cc to pay for diagnostic to even take my car home. when i todl them what toyota said they said no problem dont worry about it. so they did the diagnostic with me thinking ok i am good to no you have to pay it is done already cant take the car inless you pay the 165. so frustrated.

E

exaltedrolla

now i am without a car since i cant afford to get it reprogrammed and i had to use my cc to pay for diagnostic to even take my car home. when i todl them what toyota said they said no problem dont worry about it. so they did the diagnostic with me thinking ok i am good to no you have to pay it is done already cant take the car inless you pay the 165. so frustrated.
im having the same issue. at the end how much did they charge you to fix it ?

M

Ms Jada

my light Just came on. Went to the dealership they gone tell me that I need to replace it due to dirt and debri. I had to pay for them for
Diagnostic test.