MG

So... we are seeing some issues with the 2022 Toyota Tundra and the twin turbos (waste gate) and they will need to be replaced. Here are some pics so far....

i-rG56Mqt-M.jpg

i-XZp5S4N-M.jpg

i-T93Fdns-M.jpg

i-f4gTz9r-M.jpg

i-5XkfvX2-M.jpg

i-HzLGLbS-M.jpg

i-pSGNKJN-M.jpg

i-TMqV3cM-M.jpg

L

Low country 4X4

Will this be a wide scale recall? Do they know if it’s just a bad batch?

F

flyalteon

Does it really matter? At some point down the road a turbo component will fail and need replacing. Can you imagine paying out of warranty costs to do this amount of work? Absolute catostrophic engineering miss by Toyota.

J

Just a guy.

The chief engineer said “they aren’t competing with the big 3”. We can tell….you didn’t listen to the customers like you said you did either, Toyota. I’m considering, for the first time in 17 years, a non Toyota truck.

2017TrdProOwner

Toyota had 15 years to get this right and completely whiffed. Complete and utter failure.

C

Craig Dennis

The Gazoo racing Toyota Hilux with the same twin turbo V6 engine just won the Dakar rally. So what turbo issue are you referring to? Much ado about nothing me thinks.

H

Hi Lux

The Gazoo racing Toyota Hilux with the same twin turbo V6 engine just won the Dakar rally. So what turbo issue are you referring to? Much ado about nothing me thinks.
Lol you really think the Dakar version is using the same turbos??? Lol

W

Wowzers

Look how tight everything is packed in there! HS! This makes an Audi look like a breeze to work on!

R

Ross

Does it really matter? At some point down the road a turbo component will fail and need replacing. Can you imagine paying out of warranty costs to do this amount of work? Absolute catostrophic engineering miss by Toyota.
Hit the nail on the head there.

J

JakefromtoyotA1

I work at a Toyota engine plant and I personally build and install these turbos and the problem is some of the parts that came to our factory were defective and we didn’t catch it until it we had already sent out a few engines, but the problem has been fixed and will not be a problem in the future. Only about 500-1000 might have the issue but now not at all

J

JakefromtoyotA1

I work at a Toyota engine plant and I personally build and install these turbos and the problem is some of the parts that came to our factory were defective and we didn’t catch it until it we had already sent out a few engines, but the problem has been fixed and will not be a problem in the future. Only about 500-1000 might have the issue but now not at all
Toyota engine techs have been sent nationwide to fix all the engines that have had any problems and the issue has been resolved

T

Topjedi

If you recall, the redesigned tundra in 2007 had catastrophic engin failures for the first few months of production. They sorted that out quickly and those engine are well over 200k. Toyota will not let this effect their reputation for quality for long. And in 2 years these issues will barely be remembered. What will be remembered is their continued lack of innovation and following others. Personally, I’d rather have the quality rather than a disposable truck.

W

Whatyagonndo

lol, Toyota damage control in full force
They also issued a tsb on this problem because dealer mechanics are bending the connector rods in attempt to fix this issue. That’s what my buddy said they did to his new tundra.

P

PaulNY

Can you please be more specific...meaning, after what date or vin# can we expect the new parts were implemented at the factory? Do you have a Vin# range of what 500-1000 have the issue? My truck was built on 1/26 and is due to be delivered 2/15-2/21. Last 8: NX010137. Thank you for any further insight you can provide.