Toyota Dash Problem Melting Cracking Warranty Extension LSC ZE6

OishiiJPN

Staff member
Dash%20Crack-M.jpg

You can check the status of any LSC on your Toyota here.

Warranty Enhancement Letter ZE6

For Vehicles not covered here like...
2010 – 2011 Model Year Camry Vehicles
2009 – 2011 Model Year Camry Hybrid Vehicles
Please see this Post for your Dash Coverage
Customer Support Program ZJA
Repair Coverage for the Dashboard (Instrument Panel)

Subject: Limited Service Campaign (LSC) ZE6
Certain 2003-2005 4Runner
Certain 2005-2010 Avalon
Certain 2007-2011 Camry & Camry Hybrid
Certain 2004-2010 Sienna
Certain 2004-2008 Solara
Extension of Warranty Coverage for cracked and/or sticky/melting Dashboards (Instrument
Panels) as a result of heat or humidity

In our continuing efforts to ensure the best in customer satisfaction, Toyota is announcing a Warranty
Enhancement Program. This program extends the warranty coverage for repairs related to cracked and/or
sticky/melting Dashboards (Instrument Panels) as a result of heat or humidity.

This Warranty Enhancement Program will be launched in two phases due to current parts production
capacity. Initially, Toyota will inform owners that they may seek reimbursement consideration for
previous repairs for this condition. Once sufficient parts are available, Toyota will send a second
owner notification letter informing owners that replacement will be made if they have a cracked and/or
sticky/melting Dashboard as a result of heat or humidity.

The Primary Coverage offers warranty enhancement described herein for all owners of covered
vehicles until May 31, 2017, regardless of mileage or date of first use of the vehicle.

Secondary Coverage supplements the Primary Coverage for some owners by offering the warranty
enhancement described herein for 10 years from the date of the first use of the vehicle, regardless
of mileage.
For instance, if you own a 2009 Camry that was first used on January 1, 2010, you are
entitled to the warranty enhancement through January 1, 2020.

Owner Notification Mailing Date :
The first owner notification letter will be sent in early December, 2014.

ZE6-M.jpg

M

Mark Lewis

I received my first letter in December 2014 and have been waiting patiently for my second letter telling me that the parts are available so my dash can be replaced. Replacement was estimated to be May 2015. It is now July 2015, but no word. When are the second letter going out? When are the parts going to be available to local dealers? And, when is my dash going to be replaced?

OishiiJPN

Staff member
The parts are available now and Dealers have been receiving shipments for ones that where ordered. Have you talked to your Dealer about this? o_O

A

andynewman

I had the same issue and my dash was on order for about a month. I just got it replaced this past week. It looks great!! :)

OishiiJPN

Staff member
Yes. :D Simply visit your local Dealer and have them inspect your dash. If your vehicle qualifies for this extended warranty, they will replace it. (the dash may not be in stock and have to be ordered so please ask them about it)

K

Kenwood

I have been awaiting a new dash for months. In Feb, Lakeside Toyota in New Orleans told me they expected to have the parts in May and would contact me. It is now July and I contacted them. I made an appt. for the "exam" to see if my cracks qualify, but learned today that they would not have parts for Sienna for some time -- maybe October ??? and would contact me when they could do the "exam". I'm not hopeful. Meanwhile my dash is melting and cracking at what seems like a faster rate than ever in our humid summer heat. Should I contact other dealers to see if they have the part?

OishiiJPN

Staff member
Should I contact other dealers to see if they have the part?
You can but the main issue I see is that you should get it documented (in writing a repair order) that the Dealer inspected the dash and has the part on order. Do not settle for any verbal commitment, get it in writing on a repair order.

I say this because parts are sent out based on when the part was ordered. First part ordered is the first part shipped to fill the demand. If your dash is not on order it may be a long time before you get one.

a1965lisam

I received the first letter pictured above. Called my dealer last week, to check and they said that my vehicle (2006 solara) was not in the recall. very frustrated - will try making an appointment It shouldn't be this difficult!

Lewis

Staff member
I received the first letter pictured above. Called my dealer last week, to check and they said that my vehicle (2006 solara) was not in the recall.

Not every Dealer is top notch and up to date with all the information they need to know. It sounds like you are better informed about this that they are. :cool:

very frustrated - will try making an appointment It shouldn't be this difficult!
I agree. Keep at it and all should go well.

R

Ron

While I was on hold with Toyota and waiting for them to look up my case number I ran across this forum. They confirmed that I did not need the 'second letter'. My dealership said that I did. Toyota called the dealership and set them straight. They confirmed I was on the list for a replacement. Now I learned that the replacement dash is not going to manufactured for the 4Runner (mine is a 2005) until "the fall". Wanting to confirm that information, I called another dealership. They said I would be lucky if it is by the end of this year or the first of 2016! Meanwhile, my dash continues to crack and pieces are starting to fall off. Any advise or help?

Lewis

Staff member
The only advise I would give is to stay tuned to forums like this and in contact with your Dealer to see when the 4Runner dash's will be available. Please remember that there are quiet a few models under this warranty extension and just like yours, the Sienna dash isn't being made yet either.

Have patience and stay on top of your Dealer. When they do become available, have them write a repair order and order the dash. No repair order or a document stating that the dash was ordered means that it never happened.

JEM

How do I know the limits of the dash replacement? Mine is cracking on the top and all around the glove box, radio control, AC vents, steering column. Does the warranty replacement cover all of this???

OishiiJPN

Staff member
Does the warranty replacement cover all of this??? Yes it does. Please visit your Toyota Dealer and have them order you a new dash if it qualifies.

OishiiJPN

Staff member
FYI--The latest news is that customer demand for dashboards remains high and Dealer orders are outpacing the production capacity at TMMK where these dashboards are made. It looks like there was a problem with one of the two machines used to make the Camry Dashboards and it is offline for maintenance. Full capacity at TMMK for these looks like November.

Tony Setiawan

I already visit the biggest toyota dealer in Abu Dhabi ( Al-Futtaim Motors - Mussafah Branch) and I ask them about this warranty , one of service advisor said that they will not cover for this warranty. And also they said my car was not register on their system. I told them it is toyota . Why such as this big dealer doesn't cover this warranty..?? the silly answer is even the car coming from this dealer directly they will not cover this warranty... So please toyota Oishii San...give me suggestion on my problem...

OishiiJPN

Staff member
I already visit the biggest toyota dealer in Abu Dhabi ( Al-Futtaim Motors - Mussafah Branch) and I ask them about this warranty , one of service advisor said that they will not cover for this warranty. And also they said my car was not register on their system. I told them it is toyota . Why such as this big dealer doesn't cover this warranty..?? the silly answer is even the car coming from this dealer directly they will not cover this warranty... So please toyota Oishii San...give me suggestion on my problem...
As far as I know, this warranty extension is only available in the U.S.

rdspeed11

My 2005 Sienna dash is sticky and cracked. I haven't received my second letter to have the dash replaced. My question is, "Can I call the dealer about replacing the dash if it qualifies without the second notification letter?"