Toyota Entune Phone Compatibility Chart

H

Howie

is anyone having problems with texting (messaging) in their Prius, 2016 or 2017 using apple iPhone 6s?

Lewis

Staff member
is anyone having problems with texting (messaging) in their Prius, 2016 or 2017 using apple iPhone 6s?
Howie, I apologize for the late reply. We run into quite a few customer concerns like this at the Dealer and try our best to resolve these issues. The problem we see most often is not on the vehicle side but either the phone or phone carrier side.

Looking at the 2016-17 Prius, it comes with either Entune Audio or Entune Premium Audio, then searching through the carriers for the iPhone 6s and Text messaging, you will either see that the system hasn't been tested (read code for it doesn't work very well) or with AT&T it lists it as "partially compatible". What we do on the tech side is make sure that the head unit firmwear is updated to the latest and greatest version and that the customer understands the limitations.

Lewis

Staff member
Whenever Toyota decides to release one. Just keep in touch with your local dealer and they should be able to help you. BTW What firmware do you have now and what is the radio number?

H

Howie

Whenever Toyota decides to release one. Just keep in touch with your local dealer and they should be able to help you. BTW What firmware do you have now and what is the radio number?

My firmware number is 010189 installed 12/2/16. Where do I find the radio number? Thanks.

P

pamela

If you would like to check the latest Phone Compatibility List, please check these sources...

Printable Toyota Entune Phone Compatibility List

This Online check will help you check your phones capibilities per vehicle...
Online Toyota Entune Phone Compatibility Check

Hi there, I have a 2018 Avalon with Premium Entune, phone is Apple 6s, Verizon is the carrier. The chart and the voice in my car says I cannot send texts. From the thread it sounds like I am out of luck, is that correct?