R

Rhonda

Same as above for a 2017 Tacoma. Paint color is ultra white and it's coming off at the bottom and rear of all four doors, left & right quarter panels, inside and edges of hood and roof line. One Dealer sent pictures to Corporate, but after 3 months of not hearing a word I called myself and said other Toyota and Lexus models in Canada and United States with ultra white are covered, but not tbe Tacoma. They also told me I could have it painted myself and keep the receipt. Not fot $7k!
I have been a Toyota owner for 35 years and was hoping Toyota would do the right thing and correct their paint issue no matter what model.
I am so ticked about this issue! I took it to my local dealer last week and they said Toyota denied it! I'm on the phone with Toyota as I type this. They better make it right! I'll go back to Honda's or another truck manufacturer other than Toyota.

J

Janice Quallich

I purchased a 2017 Toyota Tacoma new, paying 42k for the XP in Super White, with only 38,000 miles. It’s been peeling a couple of years now and when I noticed it back then, I took to my Staint Petersburg Toyota Autonation to show them the issue. Rear doors and hood on the inside frame. They advised there was no recall and nothing they could do. Today I took out my tiny little bottle of touch up paint to do my doors so as to not be embarrassed to out of town guest I am taking to dinner. Please Toyota take responsibility for your error!!

W

Whitney

I have a 2017 Tacoma that is experiencing the paint issues. Toyota re-painted portions of my truck on two occasions. But now I am experiencing more issues on different parts of my truck. Toyota is refusing to fix the new issues because they claim to have already spent enough money on me as they need to save money for other customers. I even had my truck ceramic coated hoping to solve the problem. How can we get other vehicle modes included in the recall?
Unfortunately My photos won’t attach

C

Cliff P.

I have a 2017 Tacoma with peeling white paint around the window on both rear doors. I parked next to another Tacoma that looked like about the same year and it was peeling in exactly the same spot. People all over the internet are complaining about peeling in exactly the same spot, yet Toyota does nothing. What's worse, this started during my extended warranty period and Toyota called it "cosmetic" and said it was not covered. We really need a class action suit on this!

M

Matt B

I have a 2017 Tacoma with peeling white paint around the window on both rear doors. I parked next to another Tacoma that looked like about the same year and it was peeling in exactly the same spot. People all over the internet are complaining about peeling in exactly the same spot, yet Toyota does nothing. What's worse, this started during my extended warranty period and Toyota called it "cosmetic" and said it was not covered. We really need a class action suit on this!
I'm having the same issue. No recall offer extended and I'm looking at another winter's worth of stress on my failing paint job. I just signed a change.org petition about this, but has anyone heard of a class action lawsuit to this end?

J

Jerie Schulz

2016 white Tacoma - paint peeling all over vehicle - doors, around windows, all hood edges, under the hood, between the cab and truck bed, etc... Long time Toyota owners and very disappointed. Toyota should not be selective with which vehicles are covered as the same paint was used on all the vehicles. Time for Toyota to do the right thing and provide paint coverage for all vehicles. Leaves a real bitter taste in one's mouth and we are very reluctance to consider ever buying another Toyota again.

R

Rosemarie M

I purchased 2019 Camry (white) I bought it used about 11 months ago and the from it’s peeled so much the number is two toned and it’s now starting on roof of my vehicle I called the Toyota dealership even I noticed it 4 months ago and they said it’s not covered by my warranty and if I wanted to write Toyota corporate and ask them if it’s an issue that can be covered?, after That she said, (“ I don’t think they will but u can try”)…. So any advice on where I can start? Thanks

R

Rafael S.

My 2017 Toyota Tacoma in super white is peeling, the inside of both fenders under the hood is flaking off.

H

Hersch

My white 16 Tacoma is also peeling. Took it back to the dealer couple years ago and filed a claim. It’s getting worse by the day.

C

Cat

Hi there everyone

Not sure if this discussion thread is still active.

I've got a RAV4 Cruiser 2008 white pearl - bought it brand new on order from Geelong Toyota Dealership - complete with CRYSTAL GLAZE PAINT PROTECTION.

My car looks disgusting! Front bonnet , front side panels and right side doors (where handles cop most of the traffic) are peeling. Surprisingly, my RAV's roof is NOT peeling.

It's a bad look for me - and for Toyota.

Throughout the life of my car, I've only used Toyota dealerships to service my car, even when I'm out of State travelling. I

Macquarie Toyota dealership 18 months ago mentioned the recall (which I did not receive since I've moved a few times) but claimed because my car had a "pearl" finish it didn't qualify for the recall. So I walked away and accepted "his" decision.

My car - despite its age and milage and persistent malignant paint job - is all I've got. I do not, at age 65 and on my own, have a budget to buy a replacement car. Looking after my RAV4 the way I have, I should expect to get more years on the road.

I'm due for a Toyota service and am taking my car back to Geelong Dealership where it was bought & paid for. What I'm reading here is that they may see the management of the recall specifications just more trouble than that it's worth to THEM - which I suspect is exactly the stance Port Macquarie Dealership took.

I'm happy to fund the cost of repairs to any panels that have dents in this RECALL process of repainting my car.

Any advice would be gratefully accepted.

Warmly
Cat

C

Cat

After adding my comments here on Saturday and learning how to go about getting the paint job on my 2008 pearl white RAV4 looked at, today I took my car to Blood Toyota Geelong who, I'm pleased to say, were very responsive. They didn't hesitate to inspect my car and fully test / document as they are required.

After that was completed, Blood Toyota asked me to drive down the road to an accredited panel shop to get a quote on affected panels.

Once Blood Toyota Geelong receive the quote, they submit their report to Toyota Head Office. I need to provide proof of registration/ownership and dealership where I purchased the car. My car's only had one owner - me - and I bought it new from Blood Toyota Geelong so it's not complicated!

Now I wait to see whether Toyota determines my claim will be accepted.

Footnote: I mentioned in my earlier threat that I've only used accredited Toyota Dealerships for regular service of my RAV4. And I do a lot of kms so I get a service 2-6 times a year. In that time, Service teams didn't hesitate to pull me up on a faulty this or that, and recommend a remedy to repair. And yet, not ONE Toyota Dealership - and there were several across Vic and NSW in my travels - brought to my attention (1) the state of my car's peeling paint in light of (2) a RECALL in effect for my make, model and pearl white paint.