B

Brenda OMalley

To: All Toyota Dealer Principals, General Managers, Service Managers, and Parts Managers

Phase 4 - Customer Renotification and Repair Phase Repair is Now Available

Multiple Models and Model Years Vehicles Painted with Blizzard Pearl (070) or Super White (040) Paint Color Coverage for Peeling of Factory-Applied Paint

i-SVT4MWB-M.jpg

October 27, 2020
Toyota has added approximately 35,200 certain 2010 – 2018 model year Sequoia vehicles to this Customer Support Program

May 15, 2020
Toyota has added approximately 31,500 vehicles to the covered vehicles population
The training requirements section has been updated to include Toyota Certified Collision Centers
A policy regarding the labor rate for body and paint work has been added

December 12, 2019
This document has been updated to clarify that only authorized Toyota dealerships are authorized to confirm if the paint peeling condition is covered by this program. However, after confirming that the paint peeling condition is covered by this program, the authorized Toyota dealership may choose to coordinate to have the repainting repair performed by a non-Toyota repair facility (e.g. third-party collision repair facility, body shop, etc)

Note that as of May 15, 2020, Toyota Certified Collision Centers are now permitted to confirm if the peeling condition is covered by this program. Review the Dealer Letter for detailed information, polices, and training requirements

In our continuing efforts to ensure the best in customer satisfaction, Toyota is announcing a Customer Support Program to provide coverage for peeling of certain colors of factory-applied paint.

Background:
Toyota has received reports of paint peeling on certain vehicles with the original factory-applied Blizzard Pearl or Super White paint colors. These reports indicate that vehicles with these specific paint colors, applied during the vehicle manufacturing process, may experience paint peeling on exterior metal body panels.

Although the original factory paint is covered by Toyota’s New Vehicle Limited Warranty for 3 years or 36,000 miles (whichever comes first), we at Toyota care about the customers’ ownership experience. Toyota is providing coverage for repairs related to the condition described above.

The following information is provided to inform you and your staff of the program notification schedule and your degree of involvement.

Customer Support Program Coverage Details:
This Customer Support Program provides coverage for involved vehicles with the original factory Blizzard Pearl or Super White paint. The covered condition may occur when sunlight over time degrades the adhesion between the factory-applied paint primer coat layer and the base metal electrodeposition layer causing the paint to peel from the metal body panel. If the condition is verified, the specific panel affected will be repainted.

• The Primary Coverage will be offered until December 11, 2022, regardless of mileage.
• After the Primary Coverage, the Secondary Coverage is applicable for 10 years from the date of first use, regardless of mileage

Note:

Damage to the vehicle exterior (such as collision damage, deep scratches, dents, etc..) may prevent a repair facility from performing the paint repair covered by this Customer Support Program.

This Customer Support Program does not cover repair of such damage. If any damage must be repaired prior to performing the paint repair covered by this Customer Support Program, the dealer may offer to repair the damage at the customer’s expense.

Examples of damage that might prevent paint repair are:
• Collision damage
• Dents
• Deep scratches
• Deep rock chips

Covered Vehicles:
There are now approximately 1,805,640 vehicles covered by this Customer Support Program. There are approximately 30,000 vehicles covered by this Customer Support Program that were distributed to Puerto Rico.

Program Phase Schedule:
Toyota is administering this program in multiple phases

Phase 1 – Customer Notification
In the interest of customer satisfaction, Toyota first notified owners via first class mail between late August 2019 and mid-September 2019 about this program, provided a process for reimbursing out of pocket expenses associated with this condition incurred prior to September 26, 2019, informed owners that Toyota is working on the repair for their vehicle, and that they will be re-notified when the repair becomes available.
Phase 2 – Repair Available and Customer Re-notification In early August 2019, Toyota announced the “Customer Notification Phase” of this program. Toyota is now launching the repair portion of this program.

Phase 2 – Repair Available and Customer Re-notification In early December 2019 Toyota launched the repair portion of this program. Toyota started re-notifying the owners involved in phase 1 regarding the availability of the repair in late December 2019.

Phase 3 – Approximately 31,500 vehicles are added to this Customer Support Program In mid-May 2020, Toyota added approximately 31,500 vehicles to this Customer Support Program and the repair is available for these vehicles. Refer to the table below for a summary of the added vehicles.

Phase 4 – Approximately 35,200 model year 2010 – 2018 Sequoia vehicles added to this Customer Support Program In late October 2020, Toyota added approximately 35,200 model year 2010 – 2018 Sequoia vehicles to this Customer Support Program and the repair is available for these vehicles. Refer to the table below for a summary of the added vehicles.

Owner Letter Mailing Date:
Phase 1 Late August 2019 – mid-September 2019
Phase 2 Mailing started in late December 2019
Phase 3 Early August 2020
Phase 4 Early November – Mid December 2020

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the condition?

Toyota has received reports of paint peeling on certain vehicles with the original factory-applied Blizzard Pearl or Super White paint colors. These reports indicate that vehicles with these specific paint colors, applied during the vehicle manufacturing process, may experience paint peeling on exterior metal body panels.

What specific paint colors are affected by this condition?
The vehicles involved in this program were factory-painted with Blizzard Pearl (Toyota paint code 070) or Super White (Toyota paint code 040) paint color.

What is Toyota going to do?
In early August 2019, Toyota announced the “Customer Notification Phase” of this program. Toyota is now launching the repair portion of this program

How will owners be re-notified that the repair is available for their vehicle?
Toyota is administering this program in multiple phases.

Phase 1 – Customer Notification In the interest of customer satisfaction, Toyota first notified owners via first class mail between late August 2019 and mid-September 2019 about this program, provided a process for reimbursing out of pocket expenses associated with this condition incurred prior to September 26, 2019, informed owners that Toyota is working on the repair for their vehicle, and that they will be re-notified when the repair becomes available.

Phase 2 – Repair Available and Customer Re-notification In early December 2019 Toyota launched the repair portion of this program. Toyota started re-notifying owners involved in phase 1 regarding the availability of the repair in late December 2019.

Phase 3 – Approximately 31,500 vehicles added to this Customer Support Program In mid-May 2020, Toyota added approximately 31,500 vehicles to this Customer Support Program and the repair is available for these vehicles. Refer to the table below for a summary of the added vehicles.

2008 Avalon Late February 2007 – Late December 2007 5,000 vehicles
2008 - 2009 Camry Early August 2007 – Late December 2007 18,600 vehicles
2008 Camry Hybrid Early August 2007 – Late December 2007 2,800 vehicles
2008 Corolla Early June 2007 – mid-December 2007 5,100 vehicles

Which and how many vehicles are covered by this Customer Support Program?
There are approximately y 1,805,640 vehicles covered by this Customer Support Program.

What are the coverage details of this program?
This Customer Support Program provides coverage for involved vehicles with the original factory Blizzard Pearl or Super White paint. The covered condition may occur when sunlight over time degrades the adhesion between the factory-applied paint primer coat layer and the base metal electrodeposition layer causing the paint to peel from the metal body panel. If the condition is verified, the specific panel affected will be repainted.

• The Primary Coverage will be offered until December 11, 2022, regardless of mileage.
• After the Primary Coverage, the Secondary Coverage is applicable for 10 years from the date of first use, regardless of mileage.

Note: Damage to the vehicle exterior (such as collision damage, deep scratches, dents, etc..) may prevent a repair facility from performing the paint repair covered by this Customer Support Program.

This Customer Support Program does not cover repair of such damage.

• Collision damage
• Dents
• Deep scratches
• Deep rock chips

What if my vehicle’s paint is peeling from this condition, but my vehicle has damage that requires repair prior to repairing the peeling condition?
This Customer Support Program only provides the coverage described above. This program does not cover the repair of damage (e.g. collision damage, dents, etc..) which may be required to complete the Customer Support Program repair. Some dealers may be willing to repair damage needed to complete this Customer Support Program. If your dealer is willing to do so, you will be responsible for any costs associated with the damage repair. If you elect not to repair the damage, the dealer may indicate that they are not able to complete the Customer Support Program repair.

What should I do if the factory-applied Blizzard Pearl or Super White paint is currently peeling from this condition?
If an owner thinks that he/she has experienced the condition described in this Customer Support Program, a local Toyota dealer should be contacted for appropriate diagnosis and repair. If the condition is verified as being in accordance with the terms of the program, the repair will be performed FREE OF CHARGE to the owner.

What if the diagnosis is performed and my vehicle is not covered by the Customer Support Program?
Please be aware that, if the condition is not covered by this Customer Support Program, you may be responsible for the initial diagnostic fees and any other repairs you may decide to have performed. Any authorized Toyota Dealership can determine if a condition is covered by this Customer Support Program.

What if an owner HAS NOT experienced this condition but would like to have the repair completed?
This Customer Support Program only applies to vehicles that have exhibited the condition described above. If an owner has not experienced the condition, he/she is asked to tear off the sheet included in the owner letter and insert it into the Owner’s Warranty Information Booklet for future reference.

Do I need to wait until I receive an owner notification letter before visiting a dealer to receive a repair?
No. you may visit any authorized Toyota dealer for diagnosis if your vehicle is exhibiting the condition and, if applicable, repair.

Can I be reimbursed if I previously paid for repairs related to factory-applied paint peeling from my vehicle due to this condition?
Phase 1 and 2 owners: Owners involved in phases 1 and 2 who have already paid for repairs related to this condition may qualify for reimbursement of some, or all, of their out of pocket costs. The expense must have been incurred prior to September 26, 2019, and sufficient documentation submitted, to qualify for reimbursement. Toyota will not reimburse for out of pocket costs incurred after September 26, 2019. Customer reimbursement instructions will be included in the owner letter.

Phase 3 owners: Owners of the approximately 31,500 vehicles involved in phase 3 who have already paid for repairs related to this condition may qualify for reimbursement of some, or all, of their out of pocket costs. The expense must have been incurred prior to August 8, 2020, and sufficient documentation submitted, to qualify for reimbursement. Toyota will not reimburse for out of pocket costs incurred after August 8, 2020. Customer reimbursement instructions will be included in the owner letter

Phase 4 owners: Owners of the approximately 35,200 vehicles involved in phase 4 who have already paid for repairs related to this condition may qualify for reimbursement of some, or all, of their out of pocket costs. The expense must have been incurred prior to December 28, 2020, and sufficient documentation submitted, to qualify for reimbursement. Toyota will not reimburse for out of pocket costs incurred after December 18, 2020. Customer reimbursement instructions will be included in the owner letter.

Which factory-applied paints are covered by this Customer Support Program?
The factory-applied Blizzard Pearl (Toyota paint code 070) and Super White (Toyota paint code 040) paint on the vehicle’s exterior metal body panels are covered by this program.

Is the paint on plastic body panels covered by this Customer Support Program?
Factory-applied paint on plastic body panels (for example: a plastic bumper cover) is not covered. Only factory-applied Blizzard Pearl (Toyota paint code 070) and Super White (Toyota paint code 040) paint on the vehicle’s exterior metal body panels are covered by this program. Plastic body panels are not covered by this program because plastic body panels do not have a base metal electrodeposition layer and are; therefore, not affected.

How long will the repair take?
Depending upon the location and extent of the peeling condition on your vehicle, the repair time for your vehicle can vary (for example: between approximately 1 day and 2 weeks). Once the peeling condition covered by this program has been verified on your vehicle, your authorized Toyota dealer will advise you about the necessary repair time. If the repair is estimated to exceed 4 hours, a loaner vehicle may be provided for the period that your vehicle is undergoing repair

What if I have additional questions or concerns?
If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact the Toyota Customer Experience Center at 1-888-270-9371 Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm, Saturday 7:00 am to 4:30 pm Central Time
I have a 2015 Toyota Hylander. The Blizzard Pearl paint has started to peel on the roof of the car. I called the customer care. I was told my car was not involved in the paint repair recall or program. I really don’t understand the thinking
I have been so happy with my Toyota, but am so disappointed in Toyota’s handling of this situation.

AutoMod

Staff member
I have a 2015 Toyota Hylander. The Blizzard Pearl paint has started to peel on the roof of the car. I called the customer care. I was told my car was not involved in the paint repair recall or program. I really don’t understand the thinking
I have been so happy with my Toyota, but am so disappointed in Toyota’s handling of this situation.
Please post pics and encourage other owners of Highlanders to do so. This way we can raise as much visibility and make Toyota aware of this issue. Thanks.

Also please consider supporting us if you would like us to be able to help other Toyota Owners. Thanks!

T

Tanya Profancik

I have a 2012 Highlander with the blizzard pearl (070) paint, and it is peeling really bad. No help from dealership. There is a Facebook group that has formed to help gather all the information on who is having trouble, possibly looking at a class action lawsuit. ALL vehicles that were painted with this particular paint should be repainted free of charge by Toyota.

What is the name of the Facebook page? I also have a 2013 blizzard pearl highlander that they will not cover.

R

Rick Wiedeman

I have a 2016 white tacoma. The paint is chipping off around both driver side doors. I contacted my dealership who took pictures and assured me that Toyota would repair this problem. Within days I received another call telling me they would not cover it.. it gets crazy… I complained and the dealership had me come back to re examine my paint job. They said the paint should be 6 mils. thick. Mine was 3 and 4 mils thick.. at that point the service manager did say that Toyota would repair but he wasn’t sure if they would paint the entire truck. I waited several weeks with no word and I contacted the Toyota helpline. The next day I received another (very rude call from the dealership) saying he had not idea if it would be covered. I asked how long.. he rudely said it could be days, weeks or months.. I’ve always been a huge Toyota fan but this is ridiculous. It’s time for a class action lawsuit!

R

Rick Wiedeman

Why is the Tacoma not included? I have the same issues on my 2016 Tacoma. I have always been a huge Toyota fan, no more.. they need to step up and do the right thing!

W

William Harris

TOYOTA LETDOWN!

Admittingly, our family has purchased a sting of Toyota vehicles namely a 2002 Tacoma, 2004 Sienna, 2013 Highlander, and most recently a 2020 Tacoma. We had decided to purchase these vehicles due to the quality, comfort, resale and relative reliability that Toyota vehicles had built a reputation on in the past. WELL, some time back Toyota went “cheap” on their paint and experienced a batch of vehicles that resulted in premature exterior peeling paint issues in several models, and especially problematic with their “Pearl White” color. I am told by 2 local dealerships and 1 body shop that this occurrence may have been caused by a cheaper undercoating that Toyota was using during this time period around 2013. As you can see in the pictures provided, our Highlander was not immune to this error in judgement and the peeling occurrence experienced in several other models is exactly identical lowering the value of the vehicle by possibly a couple thousand dollars because of now requiring a repaint job. SEVERAL CALLS TO THE NATIONAL HEADQUARTERS have led to NO resolution, because the executive nitwits have not included Highlanders with our VIN number to the issues that other models have been associated with, and yet, clearly there is a VENEMOUS PROBLEM.

WE HAVE LOST OUR FAITH IN THIS COMPANY, and due to a lack of response will be purchasing future vehicles from other vendors in the very near future.

All I can say is that if you are experiencing similar issues, the more reports from the public, hopefully the sooner the company will alter their misguided ways. For now, so long Toyota, our relationship was nice while it lasted.

Thank you for reading.

C

Candy

I have been to two dealerships and neither one has yet to give me a time to get my paint repaired. One, the dealership I purchased my Rav from, has had me on a list since last December? The other dealership is near my work and hasn't called back with a time and it's been two months since I took it in to get an evaluation. Can I just go to a body shop of my choice and be reimbursed? It's embarrassing to drive around in a car that looks like it hasn't been taken care of.

C

Christi

I have a 2012 Highlander which has not made the list for repair yet. It just all the sudden starting peeling and coming off drastically. I have had Toyotas for years, but will not be buying another one, if they don't fix this. It is very obvious this is an issue across the board with the blizzard pearl
To: All Toyota Dealer Principals, General Managers, Service Managers, and Parts Managers

Multiple Models and Model Years Vehicles Painted with Blizzard Pearl (070) or Super White (040) Paint Color Coverage for Peeling of Factory-Applied Paint

i-SVT4MWB-M.jpg

October 27, 2020
Toyota has added approximately 35,200 certain 2010 – 2018 model year Sequoia vehicles to this Customer Support Program

May 15, 2020
Toyota has added approximately 31,500 vehicles to the covered vehicles population
The training requirements section has been updated to include Toyota Certified Collision Centers

December 12, 2019
This document has been updated to clarify that only authorized Toyota dealerships are authorized to confirm if the paint peeling condition is covered by this program. However, after confirming that the paint peeling condition is covered by this program, the authorized Toyota dealership may choose to coordinate to have the repainting repair performed by a non-Toyota repair facility (e.g. third-party collision repair facility, body shop, etc)

Note that as of May 15, 2020, Toyota Certified Collision Centers are now permitted to confirm if the peeling condition is covered by this program. Review the Dealer Letter for detailed information, polices, and training requirements

In our continuing efforts to ensure the best in customer satisfaction, Toyota is announcing a Customer Support Program to provide coverage for peeling of certain colors of factory-applied paint.

Background:

Although the original factory paint is covered by Toyota’s New Vehicle Limited Warranty for 3 years or 36,000 miles (whichever comes first), we at Toyota care about the customers’ ownership experience. Toyota is providing coverage for repairs related to the condition described above.

The following information is provided to inform you and your staff of the program notification schedule and your degree of involvement.

• After the Primary Coverage, the Secondary Coverage is applicable for 10 years from the date of first use, regardless of mileage

Note:

Damage to the vehicle exterior (such as collision damage, deep scratches, dents, etc..) may prevent a repair facility from performing the paint repair covered by this Customer Support Program.

This Customer Support Program does not cover repair of such damage. If any damage must be repaired prior to performing the paint repair covered by this Customer Support Program, the dealer may offer to repair the damage at the customer’s expense.

• Collision damage
• Dents
• Deep scratches
• Deep rock chips

Covered Vehicles:
There are now approximately 1,805,640 vehicles covered by this Customer Support Program. There are approximately 30,000 vehicles covered by this Customer Support Program that were distributed to Puerto Rico.

Program Phase Schedule:

In the interest of customer satisfaction, Toyota first notified owners via first class mail between late August 2019 and mid-September 2019 about this program, provided a process for reimbursing out of pocket expenses associated with this condition incurred prior to September 26, 2019, informed owners that Toyota is working on the repair for their vehicle, and that they will be re-notified when the repair becomes available.
Phase 2 – Repair Available and Customer Re-notification In early August 2019, Toyota announced the “Customer Notification Phase” of this program. Toyota is now launching the repair portion of this program.

Phase 2 – Repair Available and Customer Re-notification In early December 2019 Toyota launched the repair portion of this program. Toyota started re-notifying the owners involved in phase 1 regarding the availability of the repair in late December 2019.

Phase 3 – Approximately 31,500 vehicles are added to this Customer Support Program In mid-May 2020, Toyota added approximately 31,500 vehicles to this Customer Support Program and the repair is available for these vehicles. Refer to the table below for a summary of the added vehicles.

Phase 4 – Approximately 35,200 model year 2010 – 2018 Sequoia vehicles added to this Customer Support Program In late October 2020, Toyota added approximately 35,200 model year 2010 – 2018 Sequoia vehicles to this Customer Support Program and the repair is available for these vehicles. Refer to the table below for a summary of the added vehicles.

What is the condition?

The vehicles involved in this program were factory-painted with Blizzard Pearl (Toyota paint code 070) or Super White (Toyota paint code 040) paint color.

In early August 2019, Toyota announced the “Customer Notification Phase” of this program. Toyota is now launching the repair portion of this program

Phase 1 – Customer Notification In the interest of customer satisfaction, Toyota first notified owners via first class mail between late August 2019 and mid-September 2019 about this program, provided a process for reimbursing out of pocket expenses associated with this condition incurred prior to September 26, 2019, informed owners that Toyota is working on the repair for their vehicle, and that they will be re-notified when the repair becomes available.

Phase 2 – Repair Available and Customer Re-notification In early December 2019 Toyota launched the repair portion of this program. Toyota started re-notifying owners involved in phase 1 regarding the availability of the repair in late December 2019.

Phase 3 – Approximately 31,500 vehicles added to this Customer Support Program In mid-May 2020, Toyota added approximately 31,500 vehicles to this Customer Support Program and the repair is available for these vehicles. Refer to the table below for a summary of the added vehicles.

There are approximately y 1,805,640 vehicles covered by this Customer Support Program.

• After the Primary Coverage, the Secondary Coverage is applicable for 10 years from the date of first use, regardless of mileage.

Note: Damage to the vehicle exterior (such as collision damage, deep scratches, dents, etc..) may prevent a repair facility from performing the paint repair covered by this Customer Support Program.

• Collision damage
• Dents
• Deep scratches
• Deep rock chips

What if my vehicle’s paint is peeling from this condition, but my vehicle has damage that requires repair prior to repairing the peeling condition?
This Customer Support Program only provides the coverage described above. This program does not cover the repair of damage (e.g. collision damage, dents, etc..) which may be required to complete the Customer Support Program repair. Some dealers may be willing to repair damage needed to complete this Customer Support Program. If your dealer is willing to do so, you will be responsible for any costs associated with the damage repair. If you elect not to repair the damage, the dealer may indicate that they are not able to complete the Customer Support Program repair.

What should I do if the factory-applied Blizzard Pearl or Super White paint is currently peeling from this condition?
If an owner thinks that he/she has experienced the condition described in this Customer Support Program, a local Toyota dealer should be contacted for appropriate diagnosis and repair. If the condition is verified as being in accordance with the terms of the program, the repair will be performed FREE OF CHARGE to the owner.

What if the diagnosis is performed and my vehicle is not covered by the Customer Support Program?
Please be aware that, if the condition is not covered by this Customer Support Program, you may be responsible for the initial diagnostic fees and any other repairs you may decide to have performed. Any authorized Toyota Dealership can determine if a condition is covered by this Customer Support Program.

What if an owner HAS NOT experienced this condition but would like to have the repair completed?
This Customer Support Program only applies to vehicles that have exhibited the condition described above. If an owner has not experienced the condition, he/she is asked to tear off the sheet included in the owner letter and insert it into the Owner’s Warranty Information Booklet for future reference.

Do I need to wait until I receive an owner notification letter before visiting a dealer to receive a repair?
No. you may visit any authorized Toyota dealer for diagnosis if your vehicle is exhibiting the condition and, if applicable, repair.

Can I be reimbursed if I previously paid for repairs related to factory-applied paint peeling from my vehicle due to this condition?
Phase 1 and 2 owners: Owners involved in phases 1 and 2 who have already paid for repairs related to this condition may qualify for reimbursement of some, or all, of their out of pocket costs. The expense must have been incurred prior to September 26, 2019, and sufficient documentation submitted, to qualify for reimbursement. Toyota will not reimburse for out of pocket costs incurred after September 26, 2019. Customer reimbursement instructions will be included in the owner letter.

Phase 3 owners: Owners of the approximately 31,500 vehicles involved in phase 3 who have already paid for repairs related to this condition may qualify for reimbursement of some, or all, of their out of pocket costs. The expense must have been incurred prior to August 8, 2020, and sufficient documentation submitted, to qualify for reimbursement. Toyota will not reimburse for out of pocket costs incurred after August 8, 2020. Customer reimbursement instructions will be included in the owner letter

Phase 4 owners: Owners of the approximately 35,200 vehicles involved in phase 4 who have already paid for repairs related to this condition may qualify for reimbursement of some, or all, of their out of pocket costs. The expense must have been incurred prior to December 28, 2020, and sufficient documentation submitted, to qualify for reimbursement. Toyota will not reimburse for out of pocket costs incurred after December 18, 2020. Customer reimbursement instructions will be included in the owner letter.

The factory-applied Blizzard Pearl (Toyota paint code 070) and Super White (Toyota paint code 040) paint on the vehicle’s exterior metal body panels are covered by this program.

Factory-applied paint on plastic body panels (for example: a plastic bumper cover) is not covered. Only factory-applied Blizzard Pearl (Toyota paint code 070) and Super White (Toyota paint code 040) paint on the vehicle’s exterior metal body panels are covered by this program. Plastic body panels are not covered by this program because plastic body panels do not have a base metal electrodeposition layer and are; therefore, not affected.

Depending upon the location and extent of the peeling condition on your vehicle, the repair time for your vehicle can vary (for example: between approximately 1 day and 2 weeks). Once the peeling condition covered by this program has been verified on your vehicle, your authorized Toyota dealer will advise you about the necessary repair time. If the repair is estimated to exceed 4 hours, a loaner vehicle may be provided for the period that your vehicle is undergoing repair

If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact the Toyota Customer Experience Center at 1-888-270-9371 Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm, Saturday 7:00 am to 4:30 pm Central Time

paint

C

Christi

Please add the 2012 Highlander to the list. My 2012 in Blizzard Pearl all of the sudden, paint is missing and peeling off. I checked

i-SVT4MWB-M.jpg

October 27, 2020

May 15, 2020

December 12, 2019

Background:

Note:

• Collision damage
• Dents
• Deep scratches
• Deep rock chips

Covered Vehicles:

Program Phase Schedule:

What is the condition?

• Collision damage
• Dents
• Deep scratches
• Deep rock chips

C

Christi

Please add the 2012 Toyota Highlander in Blizzard Pearl. All of the sudden, a large section of paint is missing and peeling. I checked my roof, and there is a section missing and peeling there too. I filed a complaint to Toyota Corporate, but they are saying there is no current coverage for my car. People with the same make, model ,and paint color are all over the internet with complaints of peeling paint with the Blizzard Pearl color. Toyota, stand behind your product. This is clearly a bigger issue than just certain makes, models, and vin numbers.

Dread Pirate Roberts

Staff member
Please add the 2012 Toyota Highlander in Blizzard Pearl. All of the sudden, a large section of paint is missing and peeling. I checked my roof, and there is a section missing and peeling there too. I filed a complaint to Toyota Corporate, but they are saying there is no current coverage for my car. People with the same make, model ,and paint color are all over the internet with complaints of peeling paint with the Blizzard Pearl color. Toyota, stand behind your product. This is clearly a bigger issue than just certain makes, models, and vin numbers.
Please add your pictures so others may see what you are talking about. Thanks

T

Tom Corwin

I also have a 2013 Toyota Highlander and the Pearl White paint started peeling after only 5 years. 2 dealerships have agreed that it should never have happened and that it's "B.S." that the Highlander is not covered, but there was nothing that could be done. I have been reading online and see there are quite a few customers that have the same problem with Highlanders. Anybody else getting the cold shoulder? Maybe class action suit time?

A

Adam Stumpf

I took my 2012 Seqouia blizzard pearl platinum into the dealership in spring of 2018 for 2 areas on the vehicle that had the paint peeling off. They had an Toyota inspector come look at it and denied repair to the vehicle. I even had the extended platinum warranty and they still denied coverage. I wrote everyone with complaints even the president of Toyota. They would not repair my suv. I was so angry I vowed to never buy another Toyota as long as I lived. I took the car to a body shop repair and paid $1400 for them to fix the vehicle. So is Toyota going to reimburse me now Or should I just hire a good lawyer?

Call me. My wife had the same problem and we are getting it taken care of by toyota. 504-606-XXXX

P

P.b

It has come to my attention that Toyota is recalling the blizzard pearl (070) paint on select vehicles that have experienced a great deal of cosmetic defects because of the inadequacies of the paint being used on the vehicles. My car along with many others have been affected, but no resolution has been offered. The recall was in 2019 for select models, but unfortunately HIGHLANDERS are also part of the issue, and have gone unnoticed. Please advise, if needed I can gather many lists of complaints by your trusted customers that will testify to their dissatisfaction and disappointment. Thank you for your attention and urgency in the matter.

I have contacted Toyota and waiting for reply...hopefully something is done soon.

L

Laurence B.

My 2009 Tacoma in 040 super white is peeling, the inside of both fenders, around all four windows is flaking off. Please include Tacoma's for this issue there have been many people complaining about the paint peeling on all the Tacoma groups on Facebook. You wouldn’t want everyone to think Toyota is not a quality brand like it once was right?

R

Rick F.

My 2016 Tacoma in super white is peeling, the inside of both fenders under the hood is flaking off. Please create a recall for this issue there have been many people complaining about the paint peeling on all the Tacoma groups on Facebook. You wouldn’t want everyone to think Toyota is not a quality brand like it once was right?
My 2017 Tacoma is peeling on both rear doors by the windows

my