2007-2011 Toyota Camry and Camry Hybrid Sun Visor Warranty Extension ZTT

P

Padmini S

My 2011 Toyota Camry's driver side sun visor came down too starting yesterday. Also, the light doesn't turn on when the mirror is opened. I looked up the link with VIN Numbers covered under extended warranty and my car is not covered. I tried calling Toyota and was told that it is not covered under warranty. Like many of you here, I have filed a complaint with NHDSA and am hoping that they will force Toyota to recall and fix the visor issue as it is a major safety hazard. In the meantime, I plan to get it fixed it myself and save the receipt if Toyota ever decides to cover the cost. Extremely disappointed with Toyota as my main reason for getting a Toyota was that I never have to worry about anything if I keep up with regular maintenance.

D

Diane Holman

I have a 2008 Camry. In 2013 I had to have the visor replaced. I was not aware of the extended warranty for this item and so went ahead and paid for it at my dealers. Now the visor I got in 2013 has also failed. It seems to me that Toyota has not actually fixed the problem so that when a faulty visor is replaced with another faulty visor, it should also have 7 years available for free replacement. Also, I don't think I should have had to pay for my replacement visor in 2013. My dealer has told me that I need to go directly to Toyota with my issue. My other disappointment is that the top layer of the roof material is coming off and hangs down, affecting visability. I know my car has a few years on it, but I expected better from Toyota!

C

Crystal

My 2011 camry's viser also fell off! Not having a viser is awful when your driving in the sun, and it will just fall out of no where. I'm shocked to see all these visers falling off on 2011 Camry models and Toyota not having a care in the world to fix it.

E

Eugene LaPierre

Hi,

I have a 2011 Camry. The plastic construction of the visor on the drivers side sun visor has failed causing the device to interfere with my vision. Toyota support has advised me they will not directly cover this as my 2011 has over 36,ooo miles. It has about 84,000. I have been advised that if I pay for a dealer evaluation the dealer may submit a claim for a warranty replacement. I have owned only Toyota vehicles for the last 25 years. My son has two Highlanders he purchased new. My decisions have been based on quality. This is a failure of quality design and a failure to correct. It is a safety issue. I am perplexed at the lack of support.

I give up and intend to order a replacement today. I am very disappointed in the design, quality and support of such a safety item.

For what it is worth, I live in Georgetown, Ky where this vehicle is made.

Eugene LaPierre

OishiiJPN

Staff member
Hi,

I have a 2011 Camry. The plastic construction of the visor on the drivers side sun visor has failed causing the device to interfere with my vision. Toyota support has advised me they will not directly cover this as my 2011 has over 36,ooo miles. It has about 84,000. I have been advised that if I pay for a dealer evaluation the dealer may submit a claim for a warranty replacement. I have owned only Toyota vehicles for the last 25 years. My son has two Highlanders he purchased new. My decisions have been based on quality. This is a failure of quality design and a failure to correct. It is a safety issue. I am perplexed at the lack of support.

I give up and intend to order a replacement today. I am very disappointed in the design, quality and support of such a safety item.

For what it is worth, I live in Georgetown, Ky where this vehicle is made.

Eugene LaPierre
Eugene, I am sorry to hear about your experience. As states above, please submit your concern to NHTSA via their website as this will help other Camry Owners. Here is a link... Please go here and fill out a NHTSA complaint form.

Also, I know that Toyota Dealer prices vary wildly so here's a link to one....Genuine Toyota 74320-06780-B0 Visor Assembly

S

Sara

Have you tried talking with your Local Toyota Dealer about this yet?

Same thing happened to me 2 months outside of the 7 year coverage period (at the dealer right now) They would not cover it. Never purchasing Toyota again. Escalations at customer relations did nothing even when I presented them with the fact that they are choosing $30 revenue now over $1000s of my future purchasing power. Bad policies, not customer centric. Never again

M

Monica

I recently purchase a preowned 2009 Toyota Camry. When I purchased the vehicle, the sun visor was broken, but clipped on to hold it in place. My VIN# starts with 4T1 and I see it on the Vin Range list. Is it too late to have it replaced under the warranty enhancement?

Lewis

Staff member
I recently purchase a preowned 2009 Toyota Camry. When I purchased the vehicle, the sun visor was broken, but clipped on to hold it in place. My VIN# starts with 4T1 and I see it on the Vin Range list. Is it too late to have it replaced under the warranty enhancement?
The warranty extension is for 7 years so that would put your 2009 Camry at the 2016 year time limit so yes, it looks past the time limit but you will want to check with your local Toyota Dealer to be sure.

C

Cynthia Werths

My 2010 Camry visor just broke today. I have 82,000 miles on it and it was put into service on Jan 2010. Toyota dealer told me today that it is 5 months past the coverage time of 7 years. They told me that if I pay for the part they'll pay for the labor. They told me that the part is about $75 to $80. Not happy about this but gotta have it fixed so I can drive the car.

T

Thomas

I purchased my 2007 XLE V6 camry new in 2007 deployed for a couple of years while the car sat most of the time. I heard about this recall 27June 17 from a toyota dealership. The next day both visors broke. Took it to the dealer closer to my home (Hendrickson Toyota Pompano Beach, Florida) yesterday to do some repairs with the intentions of giving it to my son. Once the repairs are completed I wanted to give this vehicle to my son and purchase a new Avalon. However, my dissatisfaction with Toyota policies as described to me at the dealership has changed my mind.

B

B. Turner

My Defective sun visor was replaced with another defective sun visor. THIS IS NOT A FIX. Toyota, you should be ashamed!!

J

Jerry Kyle

My sun visor failed 3 1/2 months outside of the extended warranty. I talked to key local dealer and to Toyota America. Both refused to repair it under warranty. I think it is rotten that they won't repair a known defect which is also a safety issue because it is a few days out of warranty. I filled out the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) form and encourage the rest of you to report it also. This is my third Toyota but this might be my last.

J

jdmb03

I called our local dealer after my wife's 2011 visor fell while she was driving and won't stay up. First the service person couldn't mind the Toyota memo. Then he found it but said only the interior parts are covered. I told him it's one unit. He spoke to a service tech and the tech confirmed it's one unit. Then he came back with we have to look at it then order the part. I will have to come back in a few days to have it installed. I told him I don't have time to make two trips to the dealer. He put me on hold and now claims she is out of her warranty period. I told him forget it, I'll buy a $50 unit from Amazon.

T

Tisha J

The sun visor on my 2009 Camry fell off a few days ago , I took it to the dealership and they told me it wasn't coved anymore under the extended warranty because it was 7yrs when I received the notice about the visor it was fine and they wouldn't replace it but of course as soon the warranty expired it fell off, I'm going to file a complaint with NHTSA.

J

Joe last camry

Hey Cindy, I'm in a similar situation.... it is extremely discouraging to not see what I thought would be a reputable brand to be willing to loose business over a part that costs consumers $85, which means their cost is most likely below $20. We have had 1 Siena and 3 Camry's, I do not envision a 4th due to he GREAT HAZARD posed by low quality parts.

Just had the driver's side visor 'droop' on me over the last week (2008 camry, so I know it's out of range - no point in asking my service center as they are sticklers for dates.)

I used the link above to write to Toyota Customer Care and will wait to see what they reply with. I do know how to fix this issue myself and will do so if need be, but I am actively searching for a new vehicle (going to give this one to my daughter) and the Camry was at the top of my list.

If they won't stand by this issue I will move on to one of my other non-Toyota top choices.

Chris Vishion

I have a 2010,camry which I bought in Sept 2009,I have almost 45000 miles on it, I very seldom use my visor. I went to use and something popped and now it dangles. I never received a recall on it. How much to replace before I call my dealer.

M

Mike S

I am absolutely AMAZED by the number of complaints about the Camry visor issue. And then, Toyota's solution is a 7 year warrant enhancement program w/o calling it a recall due to safety concerns? I guess it sounds better that way and you can publicize you only had X mount of recalls. Wow, really Toyota! My driver's side visor went bad within the 7 year period, but before the enhancement program came about and thus I had to have Toyota replace it. I was able to produce the receipt and was refunded my money, no problem. But then, did Toyota actually FIX the problem with the new visors installed? NO! The driver's side visor went bad AGAIN within 3-4 yrs and of course it was out of the 7 year enhancement period. I was at least able to negotiate with them and paid only for the part. They paid the labor. Now, guess what, yesterday the passenger side visor decided to break on me and is now just hanging, but no safety problem, right? And that visor has probably been used about 10% of the time or less that I've owned the car which has 172K miles on it. I KNOW Toyota will not honor the enhancement program now, so no need to ask since my car is 11 years old. This is completely unsatisfactory. Come on, Toyota, step up and do what's right.....like you did with the floor mat issue, the brake issue, and the sticky dashboard issue.....yes, all of which I experienced. By all means, contact me if you can help Toyota! Mmm, do you think the CEO, VPs, or senior directors read these threads? Just a place for owners to vent. But please, prove me wrong.