2007-2011 Toyota Camry and Camry Hybrid Sun Visor Warranty Extension ZTT

bodadog

I also have the problem 28th my sunvisors on my 2011 Camry. I don't understand why I am told that I am past the 7 year warranty extension when they have not even asked for the purchase date of the vehicle. Although the car is a 2011 I bought the car new in Jan. 2012. Shouldn't it still be under the warranty extension?

C

Cmv

I just went to Amazon and bought one for half the price of dealer and my hisbamd put it in.It just twists out of base.

R

Rosetta Knox

I have been struggle with this sun visor on the driver side if my 2010 Camery. Never have I experienced anything like this before and want to know how a warrant can be put on this and no notices are sent out. I love my Toyota Camry but this sun visor is dangerous not to mention you can get a ticket for not having it. I tried replacing it only to have the same problem.

M

Mrs harris

My viser did the same took it to Toyota want to charge me over $200 for viser thats not included labor i said its a recall why do i have to pay for a falling viser that i never even used was told fhe recall expired in my 09 XLE thats so wrong when ny car still in very good condition and the viser just fall down blocking my driving vision all they did for me was remove it so i can see driving . Thats so wrong toyota. At browns glen burnie md

A

Althoria Brown

Background

Toyota has received a number of reports regarding sun visors in certain 2007 to 2011 model year Camry and Camry Hybrid vehicles. In these cases, the sun visor may slowly rotate downward. In a limited number of cases, the sun visor may become detached.

Applicability

The Sun Visor Assembly and Sun Visor Bracket are covered by Toyota’s New Vehicle Limited Warranty for 3 years or 36,000 miles (whichever occurs first). However, Toyota is announcing a Customer Support Program (CSP) to cover the replacement of the Sun Visor Assembly and/or Sun Visor Bracket for 7 years from the date-of-first-use (regardless of mileage) for the condition described above.

If a customer has previously paid for the repair or replacement of the Sun Visor Assembly and/or Sun Visor Bracket to address the condition described above, please have them mail a copy of the repair order, proof-of-payment, and proof-ofownership to the following address for reimbursement consideration:

Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
Customer Experience Center, WC10
19001 South Western Avenue
Torrance, CA 90509

The customer name, address, and telephone number(s) should be included in the request. The customer should allow 4-6 weeks for processing.

A

Althoria Brown

I own a 2009 Camry and since my purchase I have had trouble with the visors. In 2010 I took it to the dealer and spent
$250 to have it fixed.
I was never made aware of any recalls. Going forward I like to know how you will assist me in getting my visor repaired

F

Fernando

I owned a 2010 Toyota Camry. Bought it in used in 2010 . Started having issues with both visors about 2016 , didn’t really made much of it. In 2017 it got worst, the driver side visor fell off while driving. Later that spring/ summer the dashboard started melting little by little. By the end of 2017 driver side visor fell off, passenger side visor is dangling, and dashboard is melted and sticky. Well few weeks ago work slowed down and with spare time I decided to try and fix some of the issues my car has. While looking into parts and prices I cane across this blog/ forum. , got some information down and started my research. Today Tuesday (9/10/ 19) I gave their costumer service recall center a call. I gave them my vin # and Well turns out my vehicle falls into both categories; (1) visor issues (both sides) and (2) melting dashboard. Yeaaay I thought. The costumer rep. Insisted they are NOT RECALLS but fall under warranty and extended warranty (bs). And this point I’m out of luck and there’s nothing they can do. I was never notified in any manner nor did my dealership service department made me aware. Same dealership I bought my car and they have always serviced it. Very disappointed in this situation , as third generation Toyota owner , this being my third Toyota , I put this situation into balance next time I get ready to buy a new car.

Y

YIANNIS

I own a 2011 toyota camry which is preowned and I've this sun visor problem on my driver seat. My local dealer says that I am not covered under this warranty extension.
As per the attached file ( http://media.fixed-ops.com/Toy_Campaigns/pol12-03.pdf ), I see my VIN number to fall under the 2010 range. Though my vehichle is 2011, I presume the column 'MY' denotes the make year and that would be 2010 for my 2011 camry. Can someone suggest any other option.

I hear that the sun visor is $161+taxes. Not sure how much would be the labor on top of that.
EBAY FOR $50.00 FOR BOTH

G

Gina Kelly

In 2012 I was having trouble with my visors on a 2008 camry. One would not stay up then other needed to be manually manipulated at the bracket to stay up. Toyota replaced the one that would not stay up but I was told that since I could manually get the other one to work they didnt think it needed to be replaced at that time. Since then I have had to manually hold the bracket to get the driver side visor to stay up it continues to break down. This is a serious safety issue. If the visor falls while I am driving it obstructs my view which could cause an accident and bodily harm. Why is this not a recall issue if it is unsafe? Why is toyota putting it on me to pay for one of the two visors that should have been replaced at the same time?

D

Debbie 123

I love all three of my Toyota's. However I am a little disappointed at the quality of the interior on my 2007 Camry. My driver side visor fell down (making it hard to drive because of my height). When I took it to the dealership they informed me that I was just outside the extended warranty for this repair and it would be over $100 for the repair (I just removed the visor). Then I received the notice on the melting dashboard last spring. I have contacted the dealership four or five times because my Camry has this issue. Their response was always we don't have any in stock yet. Finally last week the parts person agreed to order me one and it should be in about six weeks (thank you recognizing this problem). Now yesterday my passenger side visor has started falling down (again blocking my view when looking out my right side of the car). I will now have to remove my passenger visor like I had to on the driver side just so I can drive the car. I would appreciate it if Toyota would look at this as a safety issue for a tall person like myself. I truly enjoy all my Toyota's but have to think twice before buying another Camry. Mechanically this car has been great and only have eighty five thousand miles on it.
Mine has 53k 2011 drivers side sun visor flopped down and broke. My inside trunk latch broke

J

Jay Gosdin

My sunvisor has been doing this for the past year and last week totally flopped and apprears broken (drivers side). This is the first I have heard of the recall. I did not receive any kind of letter or anything from Toyota and now it appears that my 2007 Camry that was put in service in Nov 06 is out of recall time? Very dissapointed with Toyota. Something this minor will keep me from replacing this automobile with another Toyota in the future!
Same thing happened to my dash on my 2007 Camry. Found out that my dealer was told by Toyota to not tell their customers about the recall unless the customer came to them. Pathetic!

I

Irma Nieto

I went to a Toyota dealership to have both my visors replaced. They charged me roughly eight hundred dollars. My sister removed her visor from her Toyota and it was a simple two screw removal. How can my labor be so high?